“March” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rimrock Resort Hotel

Save Saved
You added Rimrock Resort Hotel to your Saves list
Rimrock Resort Hotel
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   300 Mountain Avenue | Box 1110, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1J2, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Banff
“March”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Fabulous hotel! From the location, staff, rooms, this place is 5 star all the way. I have stayed at the Rimrock for dental conferences on three separate occasions and have never had a bad experience. The only recommendation I could make to the hotel to improve their service would be to offer free wifi. With the amount you pay for your room, Internet service should be free. I would highly recommend this hotel. It's a great experience!

Room Tip: All of the rooms I've Ayer in ave been great. Spectacular views of the mountains, all rooms I...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Rimrock_Mgmnt, Guest Relations Manager at Rimrock Resort Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experiences on TripAdvisor! I am glad that you are able to visit on a regular basis ~ we love being your home away from home. Thank you for the feedback in reagrds to the wifi and please know that we are in the process on evaluating the services that we provide to ensure that we continue to meet and exceed your expectations.

Please let me know if I can be of any additional assistance. I look forward to your next visit.

cara.ullyot@rimrockresort.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (452)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Cochrane, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Living just 60 minutes east of Banff my wife and I decided to take a day trip to Banff for some fresh mountain air and beautiful views. While relaxing over a burger and beer at Earls restaurant we both were thinking the same thing. Maybe we should spend the night in Banff.
It had been more than 20 years since we had stayed at the Rimrock, and on a whim, decided to drive to the hotel and check on availability. After a brief conversation with front desk staff we booked room 428 for the night. The room was beautiful. An outside deck with sliding doors allowed views of the valley and snowy peaks of mount Rundle that took our breath away. The room had a king size bed, small fridge, coffee maker and ample packs of coffee for the morning. The room was spacious and very clean.
We made good use of the lounge that first night.
The hotel was so beautiful and relaxing that when we woke up the next morning I approached the front desk and was able to book a second night in the same room.
The hotel staff were exceptional and bent over backwards to ensure our brief stay was perfect.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a day, or a week, in this beautiful mountain town.

Room Tip: Book a Grand View Room. It's coast a bit more but it included valet parking and 15% off food and...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for allowing us to be your Home away from Home for the weekend ~ we hope to conitinue to be your vacation home in the mountains! Even though we are only an hour away, it is a hidden gem in the mountains that allows you to leave everything behind.

We look forward to your next visit! Please let me know if I can be of any additional assistance.

Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stayed just one night but our experience was great! Our room was nice and spacious, and even though we were on a lower level we still had a nice view. Only complaint, and it's not really a complaint more of an observation was that there was peeling wallpaper in our bathroom and sink faucets were not totally clean - had caked on soap in the grooves. Squeaky bathroom door too. The valet service was exceptional! Thanks for a lovely stay, we will be back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sometimes all you need is a night! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I was pleased to read that even in 1 night you were able to enjoy the property and the services. I appreciate you taking the opportunity to also share the concern from your guest room, and would like to share that we are currently in a process of refreshing our guest rooms, to ensure that we continue to meet and exceed your expectations.

Please let me know if I can be of any additional assistance. I look forward to your next stay!

Devon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

The room was quite large and comfortable, and the view was stunning. We were able to see Tunnel Mountain the Bow Valley and the Town of banff from the comfort of our king size bed.
The food we ate, both from room service and in the restaurants was five star quality and the ambiance was quiet and relaxed.
The hotel also has a lovely spa with a pool and hot tub. The temperature of the pool water seem to us to be just right. We have been to many hotels where the pool is so cool that it is difficult enjoy a relaxing time. The Rimrocks pool was nice and warm but not too hot.
Also there are natural hot springs right across the street though they are not part of the hotel facilities.
We throughly enjoyed our three night stay and would like to thank all of the staff there for there excellent service and friendliness.

Room Tip: Rooms in the north wing were quieter, also you can specify what kind of view you would like, mountai...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us, and were able to take advantage of the facilities and close attractions.

We look forward to your next visit. Please let me know if I can be of any additional assistance.

st johns
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Stayed 3 nights in a grand view room with one of the most spectacular views ever. We could see the town of Banff and the Fairmont and Bow River. Was at first concerned about not being in town and wondered if should have booked the Fairmont, but we were not disappointed. Definitely made the right choice.
The concierge was fantastic, great ideas for dinner and excursions. Fitness center was very nice. Heated indoor pool and hot tub, but go after 9:30pm if want to avoid children and families or before 9:30 if have children. Pool was over chlorinated the day we went.
Awesome piano bar and food was very good in all areas. Pricey but food everywhere in Banff was pricey, so no more so at the hotel.
Room was spacious and nice Roman style tub for soaking after a long day. Only thing that would make it perfect is real feather pillows and lots of them.
We had free valet parking which may gave come with the premium room and free wifi. Overall, give the staff and hotel five stars.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Bow Valley and Fairmont are the best. Rooms on ninth floor, even low numbers (902-) rea...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay ~ and were not disapointed with being slightly out of teh townsite. I hope that you were able to take advantage of the complimentary transportation into town ~ only 4 km away~ with the Banff Roam System.
The views from our Grandview guest rooms are my favourite ~ just like being at the top of the Gondola, without the ride.

I hope you will be back soon to revisit us.

Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

- We arrived Friday evening and there was a GIANT line for check-in that took a VERY long time (about 45 minutes). There were only 3 people working at the front desk with a massive line-up of people. Not sure why.

- Pool was AWESOME - the kids loved the pool and the massive hot-tub. And the most STUNNING view from the pool/work-out area.

- Food was AWFUL! We orderd 2 mac & cheese off the menu for the kids thinking it would be like homemade mac & cheese - what showed up was cold noodles with a VERY bland white sauce, the kids wouldn't even touch it. It was also served with PLAIN broccoli (again, not well suited to kids).My husband and I ordered pulled pork sandwhiches, also AWFUL and cold. The meat was gross, dry, and grizzly. EWWW! Word of advice - DON'T order food there, your best bet is to go out to a restaurant in Banff.

- Activites on Easter weekend were awesome for kids, movie playing, egg hunt etc.
- Accommodations were quite nice and comfortable - rooms are big and have STUNNING views of the mountains.

With a change in food/menu/chef this place could rival the Banff Springs......but their not there yet!

Room Tip: Mountain view rooms are worth it! Stunning views!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience after your recent stay, I apologize for your arrival experience and the wait to check in. We do our best to ensure that we have staffing levels on to meet the needs of our guests however, sometimes can not acount for the chosen arrival time of guests. I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your dining experience. I am pleased to share that our culinary team is in the process of re-visiting our menu, and that all items will continue to be made in house, from scratch.
I am glad that you were able to participate in the Easter activities ~ including meeting the Easter Bunny on Easter morning for the egg hunt. I hope that you will be back to celebrate Easter next year, and try out the new menu items.

Barberton, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a very nice hotel and aesthetically, it is beautiful. It cost $16 to park your vehicle one night and $30 to have your car valet parked....for one night! Want wi-fi? EXTRA $6.00 per night. Restaurants are extra nice and extra expensive. Views were spectacular. Along with the spectacular advertising as to how wonderful the hotel is....and it is.....you ought to also indicate that parking and wi-fi are NOT included in the price of your evening stay. We waited in a line of 3 deep to check in with 1 of 2 check in clerks. After a long day of skiing, I was not interested in standing in a line waiting to check in while the clerks seemed to keep idle chat going on & on as if no one was waiting to check in. I really cannot speak to the kids activities or spa, as we did not partake in those things.

Room Tip: The room with a view of the mountains was very beautiful.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. It is always concerning to read that we did not meet your expectations, and I apologize that we fell short on meeting/exceeding your expectations.

I encourage you to take advantage of booking one of our Premium guest rooms on your next visit ~ with wi-fi included, as well as an upgraded view of the mountains/valley it is a great option.

Please let me know if I can be of any additional assistance.

cara.ullyot@rimrockresort.com

Been to Rimrock Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!