“Gorgeous location with fantastic staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rimrock Resort Hotel

Save Saved
You added Rimrock Resort Hotel to your Saves list
Rimrock Resort Hotel
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   300 Mountain Avenue | Box 1110, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1J2, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #2 of 33 hotels in Banff
South Yorkshire
“Gorgeous location with fantastic staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

The Rimrock is a fantastic hotel with a great location out of town, fantastic views and exceptional staff. Public transport into Banff is included using your guest key on the local bus, which stops directly outside the hotel. Also provided is a ski shuttle into town which is a brilliant service. The room was fantastic with the most spectacular view of the Bow Valley & Bow River. Breakfasts in the Primrose and lunches/evening meals from the Larkspur lounge were lovely. The Diva's Lounge is beautiful. All in all, a great time - thank you.

Room Tip: We chose one up from the basic room to get a better view - well worth it!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Rimrock_Mgmnt, Guest Relations Manager at Rimrock Resort Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! I truly appreciate the comments and feedback and look forward to sharing them with the rest of my team. Diva's Lounge ~ what a unique experience with class in pictures.

1,737 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Wokingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Cannot speak highly enough of this hotel. Not only is it located right next to the gondola and hot springs but there is a free shuttle bus that goes into the town from the hotel. The staff are amazing and really make this hotel nearer 5*. The spa is wonderful with the hotest hot tub ever. Primrose restaurant breakfast is a must and views from restaurant are brilliant. Parking is 16 dollars a night. In room fridge us useful too and beds are really comfortable. You will love this hotel. Conciege are all amazing and soo helpful.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. Thank you for your kind comments in regards to the staff that we have at The Rimrock ~ I can assure you that each one of us takes pride in delivering the best experience to each guest.

We look forward to your next stay ~ I think another visit to the spa is in order.

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

This hotel provides the most welcoming and professional services. From the minute you pull up to the hotel you will find that the employees are kind and welcoming. The best is finding little chocolates on your bed in a room that is modernized. If you want to be treated like royalty this is the hotel to go for. The rooms are spacious with jet tubs. Oh and you have to visit the SPA services because they are great as well. Booking directly with the hotel is the best idea. I have been going there for 6 years now and I can assure you that this is by far the Best hotel in Banff. We stayed at the Fairmont Springs hotel because everyone talks about the castle - well it sucks and service sucks. If you want to be treated good and have good fast and efficient service the RIMROCK ROCKS!!!! If you want a place to go that reenergizes and recharges those batteries of day to day busy life this is the place to go. Walking distance to the gondola and the hot springs.

Room Tip: I've only stayed in the rooms with mountain views and getting a balcony OMG the best most reener...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your "rocking" experience! I was pleased to read that you were able to indulge in so many of our great features. Nothing like a day at the Spa, followed up by basking in the view from your guest room.
We pride ourselves on the staff that fill this property, and their dedication to the service that they have.
Looking forward to your next visit!

Red Deer, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful location. We got a decent price on hotels.com. When we arrived they told us we could upgrade to a king for $25....with some perks. Which we did. When we got to our room and connected to the wifi we were told there was an additional cost. When we received our bill upon checkout we were billed $16 a day for parking.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for taking the opportunity to share your experience after your trip to The Rimrock Resort Hotel. It is truly through the feedback of our guests that we are able to gage how we are doing as a service.

philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Superb service in this hotel! My family of five stayed in a grand view room. Essentially this was the size of two hotel rooms. We had lots of space, including two bathrooms. This room included a tremendous view - we slept with the curtains open and woke to that gorgeous view. This room also included free wifi (weak signal, but this seems to be the case around town) and valet parking. The staff is the real gem here. Our rented skis were delivered to the hotel, received by the staff and stored. When we headed out to ski, the staff brought our skis to the car and helped load them. When we returned, they unloaded the skis themselves and stored them. I understand there are ski lockers, but we never saw them. The staff took care of our skis, including making sure they were returned when we departed. After a day of skiing, it is a luxury to have someone else handle your skis. The concierge was friendly and full of good advice. Restaurant recommendations, activities, etc. The luxurious Lakespur Lounge was terrific for a relaxing dinner. The fruit and cheese plate was an excellent starter for the group. The coffee shop was frequented several times daily. Friendly staff there as well. This is an excellent hotel. We slept soundly. We would return again and send our friends!

Room Tip: Grand View rooms literally have a GRAND VIEW!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Can't wait until your next visit! Thank you for taking the opportunity to share your experience. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us, and that you were able to take advantage of the views, service, and amenities that come with the Grandview guest room. Nothing beats going to the slopes for the day, and returning for great food and drinks in Larkspur Lounge ~ especially with the fireplace lit~ and then awing at the amazing view from your guest room window. I hope you were able to indulge in one or many of the special in-house made pastries or chocolates from the Coffee Shop on one of your many visits.

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We spent two nights in a Grandview King room. The room was clean, spacious and comfortable with a beautiful view of the Bow Valley and surrounding mountains. The bed, pillows and linens were luxurious. Service in all areas of the hotel was outstanding which speaks to excellent management and training.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great comments! I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and the service. We pride ourselves on having exceptional colleagues and it is awlays great to read that we are succeeding. I am glad that you were able to experience one of our grandview guest rooms ~ the view, and amenities are something special to experience in the Canadian Rockies.

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed here previously in a room with an uninterrupted view over the Bow Valley and Rockies to the northeast. That room was great. On this trip the room had a partial mountain view but looked primarily towards the other wing of the hotel and the skating rink. On the plus side, the other wing is far enough away not to be too intrusive. The room itself was showing signs of wear and the furnishings were a little dated. Very small bathroom which I'd expect to find in a 1980's motel. Things were, however, clean and in working order.
During holidays, expect the pool area to be full of children. Small but functional gym.
I struggled to suppress the urge to assign a 3/5 as I felt the hotel room should have been better for the price and reputation. Furthermore, a poor impression is left by the extra charges for wifi, parking, and a number of other items a hotel of this standard and price range should provide on a complimentary basis. It did not live up to expectations and I would only stay again if the price was more reasonable i.e. competitive with the better hotels in the town of Banff.

Room Tip: Get a room with an uninterrupted view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Glad that you were able to visit us on your recent trip to Banff. Thank you for taking time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.
I am sorry to hear that you were unable to enjoy the view on this trip, as much as your last. We are proud of our location and that each guest room provides its own unique view of the amazing landscape surronding us.
I appreciate you taking the opportunity to share how we could provide elevated service options to our guests, and I am happy to share that I have shared this with our Management team.

cara.ullyot@rimrockresort.com

Been to Rimrock Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!