“Great Hotel for Weekend Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rimrock Resort Hotel

Save Saved
You added Rimrock Resort Hotel to your Saves list
Rimrock Resort Hotel
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   300 Mountain Avenue | Box 1110, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1J2, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #2 of 33 hotels in Banff
Calgary, Canada
“Great Hotel for Weekend Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

The is a great hotel for a weekend stay in Banff. It is located a short drive from the Banff town site. It has a wonderful lounge just off the lobby (minors allowed) that has good food/drinks with beautiful mountain views.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

1,746 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed for three nights with another couple over the busy family day weekend. Upon arrival, we were greeted very warmly by the excellent staff. The other couple's room was ready, so we had all our bags brought to that room until our room was ready. We ate in the Larkspur Lounge for lunch while waiting for our room. Let me tell you, this lounge is magnificent. Huge windows with a magnificent view over the bow valley and Sulphur mountain, as well as comfy couches and lounge chairs and a huge fireplace in the centre. (When I say huge I mean massive, we watched the staff climb into the fireplace to start it). The lunch was delicious, very large portions, and for myself, gluten-free club sandwich, which was fantastic.

Upon arriving at our room, it was spacious, beautiful view, and the beds were magnificent. We stayed in a Grand View room on the 8th floor. Grand view rooms allow VIP treatment, which includes valet parking and 15% off at all restaurants in the hotel. Valet service was prompt and the concierge desk was a great help for all our needs. The hotel's beds and feather pillows and duvet were so cozy. After a long day of skiing and a wonderful dinner, you would pass out instantly.

Each morning we would eat at the Primrose Restaurant, which had buffet and a la carte breakfast. We did the buffet every morning, which included pastries, fresh and dried fruit, yogurts, cheeses, smoked salmon, omelette station, and the usual pancakes, sausages, scrambled eggs, poached eggs, bacon, french toast, etc. The fresh squeezed orange juice was delicious and the coffee was excellent as well.

Speaking of coffee, the hotel has a great little cafe where the americano's and latte's are fantastic, and you can pick up any essentials, snacks, or magazines. The highlight here was the amazing chocolate truffles by the in-house chef from the Eden restaurant (which you MUST eat in).

Overall, our stay was excellent. Check-in and out was smooth. The beautiful piano music from the pianist in the Larkspur Lounge in the evenings was so welcoming, and the food and service was excellent. Staff was very helpful and very prompt. My husband tried entering the code into the safe too many times and caused it to bring up an error mode. We called the concierge, and they sent someone up immediately.

The pool and hot tub were a little outdated and smelled a little too strongly of chlorine, but there was a beautiful skating rink outside with a fire pit that guests seemed to enjoy. The gym was excellent, and the spa looked very nice (sadly, we didn't have the chance to use any of the services).

Lastly, the hotel is very close to (walking distance) the hot springs and gondola. Overall, excellent views, location, and very helpful staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Rimrock_Mgmnt, Guest Relations Manager at Rimrock Resort Hotel, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Love to hear that you had a great stay with us, and that you were able to indulge in almost all of our dining outlets. Next time, ensure that you treat yourself to Eden Dining room ~ Western Canada's only 5 diamond dining experience. From the locally celebrated menu, to the culinary perfection on your plate ~ not to mention that wine pairings, you will not be disapointed.

I look foward to your next visit. Please let me know if I can be of any additional assistance.

Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This hotel came highly recommended from friends, and based on my own research it seemed like the best option in Banff. I had considered the Banff Springs but based on reviews it appeared the rooms were small and dated which is why I chose the Rimrock instead and paid for the premium 'renovated' room.
The location of the hotel is spectacular, nestled in the mountains overlooking the town and close to the hot springs and gondola. I have to admit that I am picky when it comes to the small details which is why I choose to pay more for the renovated room. The room (819) was located inside facing- the hotel is a C shape with rooms on the inside & outside of the C. We did have a nice view of the mountain but we also had views looking into the people's rooms across from us and felt like we had to keep our blinds closed for privacy which defeats the purpose. The bathroom was also very small and the fixtures were nothing special- all very generic. The sealed window unit in the room had failed and there was condensation between the panes of glass.
Overall, if you're more interested in the view then the room/hotel itself then I would recommend the Rimrock however next time I'll probably stay elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for completing a review of the Rimrock Resort after your recent visit. We certainly pride ourselves on having the best views of the Valley and surronding Rocky Mountains, and also having the service to match it. We are in the process of refreshing our guest rooms, anticipating to be completed this project in 2013.

Please let me know if I can be of any additional assistance.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Traveled there during the winter, was great atmosphere and a nice hotel with great views of Banff town. All hours room service made it great for a place just to relax and enjoy being there. The service was excellent and the staff were great. Would recommend it to anyone who was looking to get away from it all.

Room Tip: One with a window view facing banff!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed here for one night on my 30th birthday and it was beautiful! We had the Grand View room which gave us VIP treatment like valet parking, 15% off at the restaurants, bar, and room service and a beautiful view of the mountains from our room. The hotel is a 3 minute walk to the gondola and 5 minute walk to the upper hot springs. There is a bus stop across from the entrance and I think that was complimentary to ride. There was a pianist playing in the lobby area and 2 restaurants to choose from (one is very pricy fine dinning). I wanted to live in this hotel. But it was expensive, I wish the room had a little extra something for that price like a fireplace or hot tub. The view made it worth while.

• Stayed February 2013
Rimrock_Mgmnt, Guest Relations Manager at Rimrock Resort Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
The view from your room ~ fantastic! The views are certainly the top of what sets The Rimrock apart from others in the area. It is also great to read that you were able to take advantage of the Grandview amenities while with us. Next time you visit, be sure to ask about the Signature Grandview guest rooms ~ complete with all the Grandview amenities, the room is also a minimum of 600 sqft and comes complete with a fireplace (some woodburning) and a jacuzzi soaker tub with a view.

Please let me know if I can be of any additional assistance and I look foward to your next stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Need a girls get away, romantic weekend, family time, team building, any excuse to go to the Rimrock is good. I love the Rimrock and everything about it. I have been lucky enough to dine at the Eden and I will never forget it...Amazing!

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
I find an excuse to get to The Rimrock everyday ~ I work here! Thank you for your kind comments in regards to the hotel, it is great to read that you love us and everything we have to offer. Eden is certainly in a class of its own, I hope you will be able to come out and join us when the new menu is rolled out for Spring.

Please let me know if I can be of any additional assistance!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed our stay thoroughly. The friendliness and professionalism of the staff set the resort apart from most of the others in the area. From the warm greeting at the door to the exceptional check in experience to the great service we received in the lounge and spa, everyone seemed to have a common goal of making our short overnight stay as comfortable as possible. I especially want to thank Jessica for assigning us a beautiful room and for going out of her way to locate a power cord for my laptop first thing in the morning. We will definitely return....hopefully for more than one night

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing The Rimrock Resort for your recent trip to Banff. It is amazing to read that you enjoyed your time with us, and that our team was able to contribute to your stay. It is an absolute pleasure to share your comments with all of them; especially Jessica.

I look forward to your next visit, please let me know if I may be of any additional assistance.

cara.ullyot@rimrockresort.com

Been to Rimrock Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!