“Great Views, Great Service but rooms are disappionting” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rimrock Resort Hotel

Save Saved
You added Rimrock Resort Hotel to your Saves list
Rimrock Resort Hotel
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   300 Mountain Avenue | Box 1110, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1J2, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Banff
Toronto
“Great Views, Great Service but rooms are disappionting”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This hotel came highly recommended from friends, and based on my own research it seemed like the best option in Banff. I had considered the Banff Springs but based on reviews it appeared the rooms were small and dated which is why I chose the Rimrock instead and paid for the premium 'renovated' room.
The location of the hotel is spectacular, nestled in the mountains overlooking the town and close to the hot springs and gondola. I have to admit that I am picky when it comes to the small details which is why I choose to pay more for the renovated room. The room (819) was located inside facing- the hotel is a C shape with rooms on the inside & outside of the C. We did have a nice view of the mountain but we also had views looking into the people's rooms across from us and felt like we had to keep our blinds closed for privacy which defeats the purpose. The bathroom was also very small and the fixtures were nothing special- all very generic. The sealed window unit in the room had failed and there was condensation between the panes of glass.
Overall, if you're more interested in the view then the room/hotel itself then I would recommend the Rimrock however next time I'll probably stay elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Rimrock_Mgmnt, Guest Relations Manager at Rimrock Resort Hotel, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Thank you for completing a review of the Rimrock Resort after your recent visit. We certainly pride ourselves on having the best views of the Valley and surronding Rocky Mountains, and also having the service to match it. We are in the process of refreshing our guest rooms, anticipating to be completed this project in 2013.

Please let me know if I can be of any additional assistance.

cara.ullyot@rimrockresort.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (451)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Traveled there during the winter, was great atmosphere and a nice hotel with great views of Banff town. All hours room service made it great for a place just to relax and enjoy being there. The service was excellent and the staff were great. Would recommend it to anyone who was looking to get away from it all.

Room Tip: One with a window view facing banff!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed here for one night on my 30th birthday and it was beautiful! We had the Grand View room which gave us VIP treatment like valet parking, 15% off at the restaurants, bar, and room service and a beautiful view of the mountains from our room. The hotel is a 3 minute walk to the gondola and 5 minute walk to the upper hot springs. There is a bus stop across from the entrance and I think that was complimentary to ride. There was a pianist playing in the lobby area and 2 restaurants to choose from (one is very pricy fine dinning). I wanted to live in this hotel. But it was expensive, I wish the room had a little extra something for that price like a fireplace or hot tub. The view made it worth while.

• Stayed February 2013
Rimrock_Mgmnt, Guest Relations Manager at Rimrock Resort Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
The view from your room ~ fantastic! The views are certainly the top of what sets The Rimrock apart from others in the area. It is also great to read that you were able to take advantage of the Grandview amenities while with us. Next time you visit, be sure to ask about the Signature Grandview guest rooms ~ complete with all the Grandview amenities, the room is also a minimum of 600 sqft and comes complete with a fireplace (some woodburning) and a jacuzzi soaker tub with a view.

Please let me know if I can be of any additional assistance and I look foward to your next stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Need a girls get away, romantic weekend, family time, team building, any excuse to go to the Rimrock is good. I love the Rimrock and everything about it. I have been lucky enough to dine at the Eden and I will never forget it...Amazing!

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
I find an excuse to get to The Rimrock everyday ~ I work here! Thank you for your kind comments in regards to the hotel, it is great to read that you love us and everything we have to offer. Eden is certainly in a class of its own, I hope you will be able to come out and join us when the new menu is rolled out for Spring.

Please let me know if I can be of any additional assistance!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed our stay thoroughly. The friendliness and professionalism of the staff set the resort apart from most of the others in the area. From the warm greeting at the door to the exceptional check in experience to the great service we received in the lounge and spa, everyone seemed to have a common goal of making our short overnight stay as comfortable as possible. I especially want to thank Jessica for assigning us a beautiful room and for going out of her way to locate a power cord for my laptop first thing in the morning. We will definitely return....hopefully for more than one night

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing The Rimrock Resort for your recent trip to Banff. It is amazing to read that you enjoyed your time with us, and that our team was able to contribute to your stay. It is an absolute pleasure to share your comments with all of them; especially Jessica.

I look forward to your next visit, please let me know if I may be of any additional assistance.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights in a premium suite in January, Thurs-Sun. The hotel was quiet despite the weekend, which we appreciated very much. The staff were helpful and friendly, particularly the doorman, who would frequently conjure up a conversation with us on several mornings while we waited for tour pickups. Although the Rimrock was a little way out from the main townsite of Banff, we found the free shuttle service convenient and easy to use. Also make sure to eat at Eden, what a gastronomical experience!!!!

Room Tip: book at least a premium suite, the view wont disappoint
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Happy to read that you enjoyed your stay! It is a pleasure to read that you were able to experience the service from our Doorman while you were with us, they all have a great passion for the guest experience. Be sure to visit us again in the Spring to experience the new Eden menu!

Please let me know if I may be of any additional assistance.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I wanted to give it 4 stars, I really do, but there are a few set back.

The good:
- The location is amazing. The hotel is surrounded by mountains and breath taking view. Imagine waking up to mountains and sunshine outside your window.
- It's also near the hot spring, which is very relaxing

The bad:
- The hotel charges for every little thing you might have taken for granted. Internet is $15, parking is $16 (I mean I can park at Motel 6 free of charge), and the little things. There's no breakfast included, (the premier room rate is $300/night btw).
- The pool is rather dark and tiny, with lots of people
- The room is common, the tub is tiny, and that was it. Typically just a 3 star hotel room with a view.

So, if you want to spend $300 for a stunning view out the window and a great night with someone special, that's it. Otherwise, I'd recommend some of the more rustic lodges in town.

I'd say 3.5 stars, but definitely not 4, yet.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Rimrock Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!