“Always enjoy ourselves...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rimrock Resort Hotel

You added Rimrock Resort Hotel to your Saves list
Rimrock Resort Hotel
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   300 Mountain Avenue | Box 1110, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1J2, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Banff
Calgary
“Always enjoy ourselves...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We've been to this Hotel many times and always enjoy ourselves. The Jr. Suite was very spacious--and we loved the down pillows and duvets. Bar prices are VERY reasonable--we enjoyed ourselves without the $16 cocktail price we often find in Calgary.

The pool is underwhelming, but we don't go there for that. We are repeat customers for a reason...it is a great spot!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (486)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Just got back to the UK following a ten day stay. The Rimrock is an excellent hotel situated a little way outside town and if you are skiing you will need a car to get to and from Sunshine and Lake Louise as we found the transport links inadequate for our needs despite reports to the contrary. Courtesy bus (free transport on showing room key) is ok to town. Every aspect of the hotel was excellent and the food of a high standard. Car park got a little packed at times (for which there is a charge) but overall a memorable stay and would return tomorrow.

heber springs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We just returned from spending Christmas at this hotel. What a fabulous place. The staff couldn't be nicer. Our room was spotless and had a wonderful view of Mt. Rundell. The linens were top notch. This was our third time to say and we are still totally pleased. I even surprised my wife with a diamond ring for Christmas and made arrangements for delivery to our room with breakfast room service. The staff was fantastic and the surprise was a hit.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Airdrie, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed at the Rimrock Dec. 22-26/12 for Christmas. We have never gone away for Xmas but as both my parents passed away this year I did not want to be home. We have 2 small dogs that are 13 and have never been boarded so we wanted to take them with us. I booked a pet room in September and was told they were the same quality etc. and actually had extra soundproofing. When we walked into the room I couldn't believe it. I was paying +$300 per night for this room as it was a premium room and expected a premium room.. The carpet was almost threadbare in spots, there were small chips in the sink and the best part is someone must have locked their dog in the bathroom as the bottom of the door had scratch marks all over it and down to the wood. I guess they don't believe in keeping the pet rooms updated and maintained because there will be dogs in the rooms. We were there 4 nights and I don't believe our room was vacuumed even once. I was paying the same rate plus a dog fee for a premium room and expected the room to be comparable with the premium rooms in the rest of the hotel. I have stayed in hotels for $150 per night that had nicer rooms. On the plus side you couldn't have asked for better service. Everyone we dealt with was wonderful. The public areas of the hotel are also very well kept and the times we ate at the hotel the food was exceptional. I am only giving an average rating as I was so disappointed with the quality of the room for what we paid. I did leave a feedback card but don't expect to hear anything as I don't think pet people are high on their list.

Room Tip: If you have a pet go somewhere else for less money and more value.
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I'm currently a guest in the Rimrock hotel. We checked in today for three nights. Upon check-in the bell staff, porters and housekeeping were all excellent in every respect. I would have rated cleanliness higher unfortunately when my parents entered their room there was a pill on the floor. We booked two rooms, 1 room to accommodate three adults & one to accommodate two adults. On check in I enquired as to both the size and views from each room, to assist us in deciding which room would better accommodate three. I was advised the rooms were identical. On checking in this is clearly not the case. Whilst the sq. ft. measurement may be similar the layout makes one living area larger than the other (unfortunately not the room the three of us checked into). The view is completely different. I contacted the guest relations supervisor to provide the feedback that I was mis-informed on check in and he advised me that I was not mis-informed and continued to debate the room size. Not something that helps me enjoy the experience. He also stated he had already had this conversation earlier (either my father or husband must have already raised the concern). This response from a supervisor is pretty disappointing. This aside the views all round are fantastic and service in the bar has been great so hopefully the hotel will read this review and see the opportunity to develop their staff and supervisors in providing guests with accurate information and customer service respectively. Our stay in the Rockies so far has been great and we look forward to enjoying Banff over the next three days. Will try and update my review in the next few days.

• Stayed December 2012
calgary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Hotel is nice. Location is beautiful. Lounge is comfortable ....but...

We booked the Christmas Buffet and I expected that the buffet would be outstanding for the location , time of year and price but was disappointed . As my child said 'pretty bad quality...whole family could of had steak and lobster at the Keg for half the price....'.

I would recommend hotel but not the buffet..

Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

The hotel its self is stunning in architecture. Starts off as a two storey at the reception and drops off the mountain to become nine storey on the other side.
Owing to its location on the edge of the mountain the view is to die for!
The down side was that most of the staff were (I think) part time or new to the town and were therefore not very helpful on general information.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the valley have an excellent view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Rimrock Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!