“beautiful views from this classy hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rimrock Resort Hotel

Save Saved
You added Rimrock Resort Hotel to your Saves list
Rimrock Resort Hotel
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   300 Mountain Avenue | Box 1110, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1J2, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #2 of 33 hotels in Banff
suffolk, uk
“beautiful views from this classy hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We stayed a few nights at this hotel and enjoyed being there. The hotel is traditionally styled and has beautiful views from the back of the hotel, which we also were able to enjoy from the windows in our room, which we had upgraded to a deluxe room. The room was large and comfortable with everything you would expect from a hotel of this quality. Breakfast was very nice, and in keeping with most hotels we stayed at in Canada, is not included in the price. Also self parking in their car park cost 17 dollars per night. This hotel is up a hill out of the centre of Banff, so is quiet. There is a bus that calls at the hotel, but we didn't find that it ran that frequently when we were there, so a car was necessary. You could walk downhill, (depending on your walking speed 20mins or so) into Banff but it wouldn't be so much fun on the way back or in the dark! A couple of times when we dined in Banff we got a taxi which wasn't too expensive. All in all we are glad we stayed there, but probably would try accommodation nearer the centre of Banff next time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Cara U, Front Office Manager at Rimrock Resort Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
We certainly understand that being positioned as the highest hotel in Banff does bring its challenge of being just outside of the Townsite of Banff. We are pleased to provide complimentary transportation through the Banff Town Transit system, running every 40 minutes, for ease of travel to the town core. I am pleased to read that you were able to enjoy the view from your guest room.

We hope to have you back at the Rimrock Resort Hotel. Please let me know if I can be of any additional assistance.

1,792 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Have stayed at this hotel many times and have always enjoyed the experience. Upon our arrival, our room wasn't quite ready so we sat in the lounge area and had a relaxing time soaking up the fantastic mountain view with a cool glass of beer. Nice clean, comfortable rooms with, again, wonderful views. Hotel staff are always pleasant. Always service with a smile.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and you recieved the service we count on our staff to deliver. I apologize for your guest room not being ready upon your arrival, however am glad that you were able to take advantage of the Lounge with a pint of beer and the breathtaking views.

We look forward to your next visit. Please let me know if I can be of any additional assistance.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The selling point of this hotel is that it has outstanding views of the Rockies, but you have to have a room with one of the views (which there are many).

The hotel is situated about 3-4 km from Banff, but there is a bus that you can use complimentary while staying there that will take you into town. The grounds are gorgeous and it is within walking distance to the Banff Upper Hot Springs, which is worth a visit.

The staff is very friendly and always greats you with a smile. They have great recommendations of things to do around town.

The room we stayed in was very nice. We were on the 9th floor, which is the top floor, so it had vaulted ceilings. The room was very large and the bed was pretty comfortable. The restroom is standard, but there are two sinks - one inside the bathroom with the toilet and shower, and the second just outside the bathroom.

The spa and gym are on the third floor. There are free weights, three treadmills, one stairclimber, one elliptical machine, and one rowing machine. Complimentary towels are available and the water fountain is located outside the workout area. There is a pool and racket ball court as well.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the mountains
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Cara U, Front Office Manager at Rimrock Resort Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you were able to experience some of the great features that we have. There is nothing quite like working out to the views of the mountains in front of you! I hope that you were able to take advantage of the RacketBall court, and the pool with your time in our Spa~ next time you will have to spoil yourself to one of our many treatments available in our Rimrock Spa.

Please let me know if I can be of any additional assistance.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I spent 4 nights from Oct. 31st and Nov.4, 2012 with a group of colleagues and I can only say that my stay was absolutely great. A big room with balcony on the 4th floor with a great view on the Rockies, impeccable state and pristine clean ! But I would like to address this review to Mr. Chad, restaurant manager for his outstanding, generous, professional and friendly service he offered us in the lounge. We were all really amazed by Chad's service. I used to travel in many hotels all over Canada and I have to say that the service Chad offered us was memorable.
Thanks a lot Mr. Chad for such amazing experience! You are a great professional of the Hospitality industry.
Igal

Room Tip: Room # 479 is really nice !
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Absolutely Great! to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, and your colleagues. I am happy that you were able to experience the amazing offerings in our 5-diamond Eden. Chad is a testament to the passion that our staff have for our guests and truly shows the art of hospitality at its best. It is my pleasure to pass on your comments, as well as share them with our team.

We look forward to your next stay! Please let me know if I can be of any additional assistance.

wallerawang
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

we stayed at this most wonderful hotel in September 2011 for two nights and could not be happier with our choice. This hotel is very special, from the moment you enter the foyer to the beautiful rooms and the magnificent views. This hotel is a fitting and opulent beginning to the amazing Canadian Rockies. Some much nicier than that other large hotel. We were welcomed and made feel very special after arriving from two days on the Rocky Mountaineer. This hotel is just beautiful, I cant say enough about it. Get a great deal on this hotel and you will be overjoyed with your choice.

Room Tip: walk to the Banff Gondola and hot springs, use the complimentary shuttle into town.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Cara U, Front Office Manager at Rimrock Resort Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
It is great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! I am glad that you were able to experience it in the beautiful month of September, when the leaves are turning and the animals aremigrating, so walking past us on a regular basis.

Hope to see you again! Please let me know if I can be of any additional assistance.

Halifax, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here in Sept /12...Very nice on the outside but for the price we paid for i thought the rooms would have been more nicer.They are kinda out dated & small.
Our view was not very good could see a part of the mouhtains but that was it. You have to pay more for a better view oh and you have to pay for parking too!!
The pool ,hot tub & gym area was fine . I have seen nicer .
The only thing i would say that was great about this Hotel was that it is close to the Hot Springs and Gondola

Room Tip: To get a good view of the mountains it will cost you more money so the higher the floor the more exp...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience with us, and would like to thank you for your feedback. We will certainly take your feedback into consideration when looking at changes to move forward.
With guest rooms starting at 350 SqFT, I was surprised to read that size was of issue, but have certainly placed a noted to discuss the creation of some bigger guest rooms. As for the view, we do have a number of different room types at the hotel, each featuring a different style of view of the majestic Rocky Mountains and valleys we have.
I hope that you will be able to return, and please let me know if I can be of any additional assistance.

Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed for a 2 night stay in October. The hotel is well situated for touring the area. Our room was on the 7th floor and had a lovely view of the mountains. However, from the beds, your view is of the hotel. I don't know why the beds weren't placed on the opposite wall, where you would have a much better view. The beds were extremely comfortable. The only meal we had in the hotel was breakfast--delicious! We regretted not trying their restaurant. If you can splurge, I think it is worth it to get a room with a valley view instead of a mountain view. It is magnificant.

Room Tip: Choose a room on 7th-9th floor, Valley view.
Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Nodomo,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and I apologize for the view not meeting your expectation. I would be pleased to provide you a complimentary upgrade on your next stay, based on availability, to allow you to take advantage of the view from your bed. I agree, there really is nothing like waking up and looking straight out to the majestic views of the Rocky Mountains! Please contact me if I can be of any additional assistance.

cara.ullyot@rimrockresort.com

Been to Rimrock Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!