“lovely hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rimrock Resort Hotel

You added Rimrock Resort Hotel to your Saves list
Rimrock Resort Hotel
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   300 Mountain Avenue | Box 1110, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1J2, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Banff
Calgary, Canada
“lovely hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Have stayed at this hotel many times and have always enjoyed the experience. Upon our arrival, our room wasn't quite ready so we sat in the lounge area and had a relaxing time soaking up the fantastic mountain view with a cool glass of beer. Nice clean, comfortable rooms with, again, wonderful views. Hotel staff are always pleasant. Always service with a smile.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Cara U, Front Office Manager at Rimrock Resort Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and you recieved the service we count on our staff to deliver. I apologize for your guest room not being ready upon your arrival, however am glad that you were able to take advantage of the Lounge with a pint of beer and the breathtaking views.

We look forward to your next visit. Please let me know if I can be of any additional assistance.

cara.ullyot@rimrockresort.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (485)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The selling point of this hotel is that it has outstanding views of the Rockies, but you have to have a room with one of the views (which there are many).

The hotel is situated about 3-4 km from Banff, but there is a bus that you can use complimentary while staying there that will take you into town. The grounds are gorgeous and it is within walking distance to the Banff Upper Hot Springs, which is worth a visit.

The staff is very friendly and always greats you with a smile. They have great recommendations of things to do around town.

The room we stayed in was very nice. We were on the 9th floor, which is the top floor, so it had vaulted ceilings. The room was very large and the bed was pretty comfortable. The restroom is standard, but there are two sinks - one inside the bathroom with the toilet and shower, and the second just outside the bathroom.

The spa and gym are on the third floor. There are free weights, three treadmills, one stairclimber, one elliptical machine, and one rowing machine. Complimentary towels are available and the water fountain is located outside the workout area. There is a pool and racket ball court as well.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the mountains
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Cara U, Front Office Manager at Rimrock Resort Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you were able to experience some of the great features that we have. There is nothing quite like working out to the views of the mountains in front of you! I hope that you were able to take advantage of the RacketBall court, and the pool with your time in our Spa~ next time you will have to spoil yourself to one of our many treatments available in our Rimrock Spa.

Please let me know if I can be of any additional assistance.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I spent 4 nights from Oct. 31st and Nov.4, 2012 with a group of colleagues and I can only say that my stay was absolutely great. A big room with balcony on the 4th floor with a great view on the Rockies, impeccable state and pristine clean ! But I would like to address this review to Mr. Chad, restaurant manager for his outstanding, generous, professional and friendly service he offered us in the lounge. We were all really amazed by Chad's service. I used to travel in many hotels all over Canada and I have to say that the service Chad offered us was memorable.
Thanks a lot Mr. Chad for such amazing experience! You are a great professional of the Hospitality industry.
Igal

Room Tip: Room # 479 is really nice !
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Absolutely Great! to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, and your colleagues. I am happy that you were able to experience the amazing offerings in our 5-diamond Eden. Chad is a testament to the passion that our staff have for our guests and truly shows the art of hospitality at its best. It is my pleasure to pass on your comments, as well as share them with our team.

We look forward to your next stay! Please let me know if I can be of any additional assistance.

wallerawang
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

we stayed at this most wonderful hotel in September 2011 for two nights and could not be happier with our choice. This hotel is very special, from the moment you enter the foyer to the beautiful rooms and the magnificent views. This hotel is a fitting and opulent beginning to the amazing Canadian Rockies. Some much nicier than that other large hotel. We were welcomed and made feel very special after arriving from two days on the Rocky Mountaineer. This hotel is just beautiful, I cant say enough about it. Get a great deal on this hotel and you will be overjoyed with your choice.

Room Tip: walk to the Banff Gondola and hot springs, use the complimentary shuttle into town.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Cara U, Front Office Manager at Rimrock Resort Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
It is great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! I am glad that you were able to experience it in the beautiful month of September, when the leaves are turning and the animals aremigrating, so walking past us on a regular basis.

Hope to see you again! Please let me know if I can be of any additional assistance.

Halifax, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here in Sept /12...Very nice on the outside but for the price we paid for i thought the rooms would have been more nicer.They are kinda out dated & small.
Our view was not very good could see a part of the mouhtains but that was it. You have to pay more for a better view oh and you have to pay for parking too!!
The pool ,hot tub & gym area was fine . I have seen nicer .
The only thing i would say that was great about this Hotel was that it is close to the Hot Springs and Gondola

Room Tip: To get a good view of the mountains it will cost you more money so the higher the floor the more exp...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience with us, and would like to thank you for your feedback. We will certainly take your feedback into consideration when looking at changes to move forward.
With guest rooms starting at 350 SqFT, I was surprised to read that size was of issue, but have certainly placed a noted to discuss the creation of some bigger guest rooms. As for the view, we do have a number of different room types at the hotel, each featuring a different style of view of the majestic Rocky Mountains and valleys we have.
I hope that you will be able to return, and please let me know if I can be of any additional assistance.

Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed for a 2 night stay in October. The hotel is well situated for touring the area. Our room was on the 7th floor and had a lovely view of the mountains. However, from the beds, your view is of the hotel. I don't know why the beds weren't placed on the opposite wall, where you would have a much better view. The beds were extremely comfortable. The only meal we had in the hotel was breakfast--delicious! We regretted not trying their restaurant. If you can splurge, I think it is worth it to get a room with a valley view instead of a mountain view. It is magnificant.

Room Tip: Choose a room on 7th-9th floor, Valley view.
Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Nodomo,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and I apologize for the view not meeting your expectation. I would be pleased to provide you a complimentary upgrade on your next stay, based on availability, to allow you to take advantage of the view from your bed. I agree, there really is nothing like waking up and looking straight out to the majestic views of the Rocky Mountains! Please contact me if I can be of any additional assistance.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Having spent a week in Vacouver, enjoying all the trappings of a bustling city, my wife and I travelled to Banff to spend a week of our honeymoon.

The contrast between city life and the more relaxed pace of life in Banff was immediately obvious.

The Rimrock sits in a perfect setting in the mountains above the town, but provides a regular free shuttle bus service into the centre of Banff. The surrounding scenery is nothing short of breath taking and this was also true of the view from our room.

The hotel itself is huge, with decent enough restaurant and bar options for those not wishing to venture into the town. However the food was perhaps a little pricey for the quality. Not to say that it was bad, but was probably more of a "hotel standard" than many of the excellent reastaurant options a short bus ride away. Some features of the hotel may seem a little dated to the seasoned traveller, but I suspect that this may be true of may of the hotels in this region. In my opinion this simply adds a bit of character to the place.

The staff were extremely friendly, especially the porters who are always ready to greet guests with a smile and pleasant conversation.

One of the top selling points of this hotel for ourselves, is oddly not even a hotel feature! The Rimrock sits directly across the road from Banff Upper Hot Springs, a natural hot spring facility. For the meager sum of approx $8 you can kick start your day with a soak in the wonderful heated outdoor pool (and perhaps a treatment in the spa). As a bonus we were also fortunate enough to witness deer at extremely close quarters just outside the hotel entrance one morning.

In addition to this pefect start to a day, the hotel also has a fantastic bar/lounge where we chose to unwind most evening with a cocktail or bottle of wine in front of the roaring log fire.

My only small complaint would be that no acknowledgement was given to the fact that were were "honeymooners". Not that we're the sort to expect red carpet treatment or anything, but even just a small "congratulations" can go a long way to boosting the feel good factor.

Room Tip: Rooms to the rear of the property have stunning mountain views.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Congratulations on your recent Nuptials and we would like to wish you a life of happiness! My apologies that we missed these congratulations while you were with us.
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your time, and were able to take advantage of the Hot Springs, located across from the hotel.
We hope to see you again! Please let me know if I may be of any additional assistance.

cara.ullyot@rimrockresort.com

Been to Rimrock Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!