“On a tight budget.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Inns Of Banff

You added Inns Of Banff to your Saves list
Inns Of Banff
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   600 Banff Ave, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1H8, Canada   |
Ranked #29 of 31 Hotels in Banff
Solihull, United Kingdom
“On a tight budget.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

The photos do thus place justice. The staff a friendly and helpful but the hotel is in poor shape. We stayed in the Swiss lodge which was dark, dirty and poor. Check in was 16:00 which was unusually late. Hot tubs, forget them, dirty and poor. The walk into Banff was 25mins, taxi was $10 each way. Overall it was ok but I'm sure there are better, closer, cleaner hotels in Banff. The place needs an upgrade.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Korean first
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Paid extra to have king bed suite on top floor with mountain view - completely missed the hotel description of "climate control" which does NOT mean air conditioned ! Arrival at 5 pm and room temp was around 35 deg C decided to leave room heating controls at the off position. Hotel dest advice ? Leave room door open to let cool corridor air into room - hmmmmm. Waited till 1 am for room to cool with doors open , but plastic under sheet to protect. Mattress , made night dreadful.

Room Tip: Stay in winter
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

The rooms were sloppy. The carpet were not clean and the advertisement showed that I am getting a room with a mountain view....but the balcony was so unclean and we were not able to get out, also the do not even offer a complimentary breakfast for $200 a night, where I could have stayed at the hotel next door for the same pricing and get a lot more.

Ideal location for traveling around Banff.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

My Husband and I called to reserve a room at the Inns of Banff, they couldn't guarantee us a view but when we got there that is exactly what we got a breathtaking view, along with everything else we might need for our comfort, including a clean and spacious room.
It's a convenient location, we decided to go for a walk and it took us only 15 mins to get to the center of town.
When we left the next day, we forgot one of our smaller bags the staff was so helpful when we called they took care of everything, shipping our bag back to us through UPS, who did a great job as well packaging everything properly.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

My cousins and I recently stayed at the Inns of Banff for a night in June. The hotel room was great, clean and equipped with pretty much everything we need such as coffee maker, kettle etc. During the stay, I had to print and scan very important documents and the hotel staff had no hesitation to help me. They provide free internet and printer, and they even scanned the documents for me. It was a huge relieve to be able to send the documents out. If I visit Banff again, I would definitely come back. Had travelled to so many places and nothing is like this hotel. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Carleton Place, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

I stayed at the Inns of Banff for 2 nights in February with a couple friends (all of us in our 20's).

Pros: Beautiful rooftop hot pool with views of mountains. 10 minute walk to shops. There was live music in the downstairs pub which was pretty busy and fun. Room was clean and spacious with a big balcony. Budget-friendly prices for the area.

Cons: Definitely an older hotel and needs a bit of a renovation. Carpets should probably be replaced, bathrooms need to be re-done. We were originally only staying for one night and were asked to put down a security deposit for the room. When we decided to stay another night, I called down to the front desk to let them know and they wanted me to put another security deposit down (saying it was considered a new booking so they needed to charge it.) Because we were on a budget and wouldn't get either security deposit back until check-out, I fought this. I had to push a little bit and had to speak to a supervisor, but eventually they did wave it.

Overall for my needs it was a good choice, but if you're looking for luxury I wouldn't bother. It was a place to sleep, but the rooftop hot pool really made it worth it for us.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the hot pool. It gives a lovely view of a beautiful mountain.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

This is an older hotel but by and large it was very nice. I had some issues with the WiFi in the building I was in but I advised the front desk and they let the IT guy know and within about 30mins things were working fine. The staff is friendly and the tavern in the basement had some great food.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Been to Inns Of Banff? Share your experiences!