“Great location and lots of space!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Inns Of Banff

You added Inns Of Banff to your Saves list
Inns Of Banff
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   600 Banff Ave, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1H8, Canada   |
Ranked #29 of 31 Hotels in Banff
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great location and lots of space!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed at the Inns of Banff during the Canada Day holiday and there were 5 couples, so we stayed in the 4-bedroom condo. The condo was great, lots of space, one couple did have to sleep on the fold out couch, so that was kind of a downfall but we knew that going into it. Also, it was a bit hot that week and the condo does not have air conditioning but they did give us extra fans and we opened the windows at night so it worked out. The condos are newly renovated and are very nice, great kitchen area and outside patio area with BBQ, so you can stay there and cook meals. Rooftop hottubs are very nice and have a wonderful view of the mountains. It really isn't within walking distance from town, but they do give you complimentary bus passes and the bus stop is right across from the hotel and will take you right downtown, so that is nice. Over all we have a great time at the Inns of Banff!

Room Tip: I think the condo rooms are updated where as the regular hotel rooms are a bit out of date.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Inns_of_Banff_GM, General Manager at Inns Of Banff, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
I am glad you enjoyed your stay. There are two 4 bedroom condos at the Inns of Banff and they afford some of the best views in all of Banff. A very large deck with a private BBQ, full kitchens, flat screen televisions in each bedroom, a poker table, and a fireplace are just a few of the numerous amenities available in these amazing units.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Victoria, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We had to make an unexpected stop in Banff and were advised to contact Inns of Banff. The rates were reasonable for the area and the staff were fantastic. When I explained our situation to the gentleman at the desk, he was able to extend our checkout slightly. We called down several times with questions and requests and were treated politely and professionally each time.
As the name implies, there are a few different buildings/inns outside the main building. We were in the "Swiss Village" across the parking lot. Though there was no air conditioning, the room was cool and comfortable and the balcony was nice. The pool was a lifesaver as we were travelling with kids! There are change rooms & towels provided and everything was clean & tidy.
It was about a 15 minute walk into downtown, which was fine for us.
My only suggestions would be to provide a bedside lamp for a bit of extra light and perhaps some newer pillows.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Inns_of_Banff_GM, General Manager at Inns Of Banff, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you for the great comments regarding the service at the front desk.
BN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Two days into my stay at the inns of Banff i was saying to myself how i must write a review given that i was very worried prior to arriving having checked trip advisor only after we had booked the place and seeing some worrying comments. However we arrived to find our 3 ed condo clean spacious and well appointed. The location was good, walkable to town and convienient ofr getting our of town in the car too.
But after 2 days people moved in next door and upstairs. it was only then that we noticed the very poor soundproffing, the noise was incredible at times from people going up and down the stairs nextdoor (it doesn't help when there were at least 15 people staying upstairs), how a hotel can stop this i do not know (the number of people not the soudproofing but it did spoil thetrip somewhat. Also hot having air-con meant that even the spacious condo was ridiculously hot, i would hve hated to be in a hotel room in those temperatures.

Room Tip: condo was great, if no one else had been in the building
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I had never stayed at this property before but decided to check it out.
Upon arrival the attendant told us the wrong room # and made us drive around for 20 mins trying to find this room # that didn't exist. ( The rooms are located in different buildings- its not just one large center).When I went back to the desk no one said sorry just wrote the proper room # on the key and sent us to find it yet again.
The next morning I decided to extend my stay and booked for another night. After a long day of rock climbing I head back to my room to find in it a WOMAN WHO WAS UNPACKING HER BELONGINGS! My suitcase and all my belongings were still in my room. My girlfriend and I were mortified! Turned out this woman was given our room as well and was expecting a coworker so didn't think twice about the belongings already in the room.
She packed everything back up an we went down to sort it out. The manager wasn't there so I was told no one could help me but this woman was given another room. She was a mature person but what if they had given my room to some teenager who went in and stole all our things? They never put me in a different room as we requested either.
The next morning I went down as told and spoke to a manager. He was unsympathetic and made it seem like it was my fault. He only said the employee had to have cut the same card by accident. He never said it was the employees fault- just brushed it off. I asked to be compensated in some way and he said no. When I asked he responded, "because I'm the manager and that's what I say." He said because nothing was taken there was no damage done.
He charged me full price and made me stay in a room where someone had already been for a few hours.
This hotel is a scam and the service is terrible! Please don't waste your money. This vacation was stressful and I will NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN!

Room Tip: Just don't stay at this property
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Inns_of_Banff_GM, General Manager at Inns Of Banff, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
I did not have the pleasure of meeting you during your stay with us, but I do recall that the Front Office Manager spent considerable time with you regarding this matter.

Although we make every attempt to ensure that all guest's stays are perfect, sometimes things just go off course. I was happy to hear that we rectified this situation immediately. I am also not sure why a guest having a "horrible stay, as you indicate" would extend that stay?
Edmonton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is one geriatric hotel in need of some cosmetic surgery, especially considering the class of the rest of them along Banff's main strip. I stayed one night for a work conference and had it been a longer trip I would have asked for a room discount. The rooms are in serious need of updating- my walls had huge water stains on them, there was one outlet in the entire roon and it was behind the bed. It was clean enough, staff was friendy but other than that it was pretty bad, and really expensive! Bed was terribly uncomfortable and likely should have been replaced some years ago and had a plastic sheet over the mattress that squeaked when you moved!
On the second day they were emtying the oil tanks from the Japanese restaurant attached and the smell was just gagging, unfortunately the tanks are located right across from the main part of the lodge.
All in all a major disappointment and I would never voluntarily choose to stay there again with out a major rebuild (or tear down)

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Inns_of_Banff_GM, General Manager at Inns Of Banff, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for your comments and compliments on the cleanliness. We recently replaced all the mattresses in the hotel and upgraded the televisions to 40 inch flat screens.

The required oil maintenance in our Japanese restaurant was a very remote process and only takes a few minutes to complete.
Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

As a result of the June flooding stayed for 4 days at Inns of Banff rather than planned 2. First two nights in Swiss village - not great. Old and tired only passably clean. Staff very professional and helpful but no other room available as Canada Day weekend. Got moved day 3 to great room in C block. Watched elk come right down to rear steps! Buffet breakfast is good value and both pools good for kids. hotel is 20 min walk from town centre. Check before u go and ask for a move if allocated room in Swiss village.

California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Booked though hotwire and then took an upgrade on check in which got me a room with great mountain view and big deck to enjoy it from. They also have an outdoor hot tub with a great view. The decor is a little dated but the rooms are comfortable and clean. Like most places in the area that aren't 4 star, there's no A/C.

Room Tip: Paying extra for a Mountain View room is worth it
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Inns_of_Banff_GM, General Manager at Inns Of Banff, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Many of our guests upgrade at check-in allowing them to take advantage of our spectacular mountain views. Our large outdoor hot pool also provides incredible views.

Been to Inns Of Banff? Share your experiences!