“Great place to stay with a group or family.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inns Of Banff

You added Inns Of Banff to your Saves list
Inns Of Banff
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   600 Banff Ave, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1H8, Canada   |
Ranked #29 of 31 Hotels in Banff
Edmonton, Canada
“Great place to stay with a group or family.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed here with a large group and with my family last summer. Front desk people were polite and check in was easy. We had a perfect view from our hotel room of cascade mountain. Rooms were older but clean. They are starting to renovate this hotel soon!! The cleaning staff at the hotel would always stop what they were doing and acknowledge us each time we met in the hallways. I thought that was very classy. The hotel pool in my opinion is the nicest view from a pool in Banff. There is a nice gift shop in this hotel as well that has items a lot less expensive than downtown banff. If you decide to take the banff transit, the bus stops right in front of the hotel and is less than a five minute ride to get downtown. Food was great at the Wildfire Grill at the hotel. I will stay here anytime!

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
BANFF, ALBERTA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Recently took a little getaway to the town of Banff, and found this diamond in the rough.
The Hotel is a little dated but the size rooms, View's, and The Roof Top Outdoor Pool, and Now Live music on the weekends make this The Perfect Getaway.

Sunam (Cant be sure on the spelling), and Amanda Checked me in, and made me feel welcome right away, what great people, and an Asset to the Hotel, I am sure.

Upon check in, I was told they also offer Pet friendly room's, I declined the Pet friendly room but appreciated The Option, but did upgrade to the junior Suite.

While the rooms are a little dated the Amenities, Staff, And Views Make this the perfect way place to spend the Week-end.

I recommend this Hotel to Families, Friends, and people seeking that Romantic Getaway.

Room Tip: Upgrade from the stardard to The Mountain View two Queens, or better yet the Junior suite. Also Ask...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I was in the Banff area in Feb/March for business. I was given a suite on the 5th floor overlooking Banff Ave and the mountains - great view. The room was very comfortable with a huge bed, I'm sure 5 people could have slept in it :-) Front desk staff very polite and it was handy having the Bear's Den Pub in the basement for a pizza in the evenings when it was too cold to venture out.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

This is the second time we have stayed at The Inns of Banff. We stay there because we love the hot pool on the roof of the hotel. We had a partial view and could see some of the mountains. The room was average and was clean. Good enough really for what we paid. The second time we stayed we thought we would not pay for a partial view and that was a mistake. We ended up being in The Swiss Village. I felt like we were staying in a Hostel but with our own bathroom (and not a very nice one)! The walls were very thin and it sounded as if the people upstairs would fall through the ceiling. You also have to go outside of the hotel to get to the hot pool. So...it is definitely worth the 20$ per night to pay for at least a partial view upgrade!!!

• Stayed February 2013
Inns_of_Banff_GM, General Manager at Inns Of Banff, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Swiss Village is our budget accommodation and is very popular for this reason. Whenever possible, we offer guests the option to upgrade to our main buildings so they can take advantage of the fantastic views or are closer to our amazing outdoor hot pool.
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

When we first arrived we had to up grade our room to actually even be in the main building. This was after I had requested to be near to the hot tub, I would have just assumed that someone would have clarified with me that the room I actually booked was in a completely separate building, far away from the hot tub. Once we paid extra to be in the main building we were surprised when we arrived outside our room to find that the rooms were still being cleaned. We were told that ours wasn't ready yet, but after we opened the door we saw that it had. It leaves a really strong impression when hotel staff aren't aware of what had been cleaned or not. It made us uneasy and unsure if in fact our room had been cleaned or if it was just a quick cover up job, because clearly the staff was behind (we arrived at 6pm!).

I don't appreciate being monitored when going into the hot tub to relax either. The one thing that I always book this hotel for is for the amazing views outside the hot tub. I usually don't even think about which hotel to book because I love the hot pool so much, I also ALWAYS recommend it to friends when they ask for my advice. However, that will change. Not being able to enjoy a mug of coffee in the morning in the hot tub takes away from the relaxation, and being constantly monitored makes me feel Juvenal. I will be looking for a new go to hotel when staying in Banff due to these unfortunate experiences.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Inns_of_Banff_GM, General Manager at Inns Of Banff, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Thank you for your comments.

After the room attendant services a room, it remains unavailable until a supervisor checks the room. As you have suggested, your room may have been serviced and as such appeared to be ready, but not inspected. These checks and balances are vital to provide the highest standard of cleanliness.

We will monitor the hot pool during very busy times. This service allows guests to enjoy the wonderful views in a peaceful, relaxed setting. As we do not monitor the pools in the morning, I am confident that you could enjoy a coffee in the hot pool as long as you did not bring any glass into the area.
Innisfail, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

As other reviews will tell you this is not a shiny new hotel but it met every expectation for us. We stayed for a night when a friend came to town. The price was great, the room was clean and comfortable and the staff was very friendly. Covered parking was included and we LOVED the outdoor hot pool with the mountain view. Our room had a mountain view with a nice big balcony. Great location close to restaurants and shops. We are going back to Banff in March and will definitely book here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here last Saturday. The staff was very nice and helpful. You will notice that a lot of the workers are from England, they have great accents and unique words that we are not use to. The food at the Wildfire (one of the restaurants on site) was tasty however I ordered onion rings with my meal and I got 4, but the waitress was nice enough to get the chef to make up some more. The room was clean, the bed was comfy, but the bathroom tiles could be replaced. The staff really make the hotel, its in a good location being just outside of downtown, and the view of the mountains is amazing !

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Inns Of Banff? Share your experiences!