“Won't be coming back.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Inns Of Banff

You added Inns Of Banff to your Saves list
Inns Of Banff
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   600 Banff Ave, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1H8, Canada   |
Ranked #29 of 31 Hotels in Banff
Calgary, Canada
“Won't be coming back.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

When we first arrived we had to up grade our room to actually even be in the main building. This was after I had requested to be near to the hot tub, I would have just assumed that someone would have clarified with me that the room I actually booked was in a completely separate building, far away from the hot tub. Once we paid extra to be in the main building we were surprised when we arrived outside our room to find that the rooms were still being cleaned. We were told that ours wasn't ready yet, but after we opened the door we saw that it had. It leaves a really strong impression when hotel staff aren't aware of what had been cleaned or not. It made us uneasy and unsure if in fact our room had been cleaned or if it was just a quick cover up job, because clearly the staff was behind (we arrived at 6pm!).

I don't appreciate being monitored when going into the hot tub to relax either. The one thing that I always book this hotel for is for the amazing views outside the hot tub. I usually don't even think about which hotel to book because I love the hot pool so much, I also ALWAYS recommend it to friends when they ask for my advice. However, that will change. Not being able to enjoy a mug of coffee in the morning in the hot tub takes away from the relaxation, and being constantly monitored makes me feel Juvenal. I will be looking for a new go to hotel when staying in Banff due to these unfortunate experiences.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Inns_of_Banff_GM, General Manager at Inns Of Banff, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Thank you for your comments.

After the room attendant services a room, it remains unavailable until a supervisor checks the room. As you have suggested, your room may have been serviced and as such appeared to be ready, but not inspected. These checks and balances are vital to provide the highest standard of cleanliness.

We will monitor the hot pool during very busy times. This service allows guests to enjoy the wonderful views in a peaceful, relaxed setting. As we do not monitor the pools in the morning, I am confident that you could enjoy a coffee in the hot pool as long as you did not bring any glass into the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Innisfail, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

As other reviews will tell you this is not a shiny new hotel but it met every expectation for us. We stayed for a night when a friend came to town. The price was great, the room was clean and comfortable and the staff was very friendly. Covered parking was included and we LOVED the outdoor hot pool with the mountain view. Our room had a mountain view with a nice big balcony. Great location close to restaurants and shops. We are going back to Banff in March and will definitely book here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here last Saturday. The staff was very nice and helpful. You will notice that a lot of the workers are from England, they have great accents and unique words that we are not use to. The food at the Wildfire (one of the restaurants on site) was tasty however I ordered onion rings with my meal and I got 4, but the waitress was nice enough to get the chef to make up some more. The room was clean, the bed was comfy, but the bathroom tiles could be replaced. The staff really make the hotel, its in a good location being just outside of downtown, and the view of the mountains is amazing !

Edmonton, Alberta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My fiancee and I stayed at this hotel summer of 2011 (late review, I know - sorry!) Just reserved a regular run of the mill basic room. There's nothing particularly wrong with this hotel, it is just very old and outdated. The view was nice from our balcony (we asked for a mountain view room) but the on site restaurant wasn't very nice and the food wasn't great. There's lots of hotels in town for the same prince range or a little bit more that are much nicer. The only nice thing is the location, it's right on the main road so most dining and shopping is within walking distance.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Inns_of_Banff_GM, General Manager at Inns Of Banff, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for your review.
There have been many improvements at the hotel since your stay last summer. We have new corridor carpet and wall sconces, we have upgraded all the mattresses to pillow tops, and have upgraded the televisions in all the guest rooms to flat screens.
ft saskatchewan alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Stayed there for two nights. The staff was friendly, outdoor hot pool was very nice. The hotel is due for a face -lift but all in all not to bad. The food in the restaurant was very good. The going green idea is a good idea.

Edmonton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Booked Inns of Banff, was given their crap hole Swiss village. Room smelled of smoke and was old. Room was super tiny, would not recommend this hotel. There are lots of other choices to stay at that are on par with price but updated and not a dive as the Swiss Village is.

• Stayed February 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I would like to start off by stating that my boyfriend and I are not picky people. We have stayed at MANY hotels across Alberta but this experience was terrible! Our room was extremely outdated, patio door DID NOT stay locked (which is a MAJOR concern seeing you can go on one patio and jump to the other in a room like ours), the shower curtain was disgusting. Our second night we had some drunk guy trying to get into our room at 2am. When we went to see what he was doing he asked us if he could jump to his patio from ours. We refused and I contacted the front desk, they did nothing. Then when we finally got back in our bed after listening to the guy repeatedly bang on the door next door for a good hour, the people staying in the room finally returned, drunk at 2:30AM and continued to be extremely loud and only when my boyfriend told them to quiet down or we would be reporting them again did we get some quiet. The only reason we stayed at this hotel was for the outdoor hot pool which closes at 10pm (while indoor one closes at 11pm? makes no sense to me)
The only positive experience was our room service breakfast we ordered on our first morning.
We had a horrible experience and we will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Inns Of Banff? Share your experiences!