We rented an A lodge for 4 nights. The accomodation was all we could possibly wish for. It far exceeded our expectations despite having read some good reviews.
Great location, just a short walk from stunning viewpoints on Tunnel Mountain Road and 5 minutes drive from downtown Banff.
Our lodge had a very nice lounge area, comfortable bedrooms, decent cooking facilities and a balcony with Mountain views. It also had 3 large plasma TVs - perfect with the World Cup being on and two kids to keep amused.
For the evenings (or ropey weather) there's water slides, pool, hot tub for adults and kids and a great indoor playpark for toddlers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banff’s Finest Family Accommodation, located on peaceful Tunnel Mountain. All units have full kitchen, air-conditioning, fireplace (most are wood-burning) and flat-screen TVs, DVD players and Plug n’Play panels (families can now bring their electronic gaming systems). Amenities include 2 BRAND NEW giant indoor waterslides, swimming pool, kiddie pool, games room, multilevel indoor playzone, saunas, whirlpools, steam room, fitness room, barbecue stations and FREE/UNLIMITED use of the Town of Banff shuttle bus. Free WiFi and internet kiosk, free local calls and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Douglas Fir Resort And Chalets
- Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets Hotel Banff
- Douglas Fir Hotel Chalets
- Douglas Fir Banff