We spent our tenth anniversary here in one of the Jacuzzi suites. With the wood-burning fireplace, it was a quiet, romantic stay. We went back to Banff with my parents and stayed here again. The free bus to and from downtown is a life saver. No driving required after you check in. Ask for a mountain view, you won't be disappointed. The rooms are rustic and charming and there is a convenience store on site for things you forgot. It's expensive though. I would also recommend going to town to eat (Magpie and Stump is my favorite) because the closest restaurant is in a neighbouring resort and is not that good. Finally, there are numerous hiking trails around the resort, but be aware of wildlife signage as bears are frequently sighted.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banff’s Finest Family Accommodation, located on peaceful Tunnel Mountain. All units have full kitchen, air-conditioning, fireplace (most are wood-burning) and flat-screen TVs, DVD players and Plug n’Play panels (families can now bring their electronic gaming systems). Amenities include 2 BRAND NEW giant indoor waterslides, swimming pool, kiddie pool, games room, multilevel indoor playzone, saunas, whirlpools, steam room, fitness room, barbecue stations and FREE/UNLIMITED use of the Town of Banff shuttle bus. Free WiFi and internet kiosk, free local calls and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets Hotel Banff
- Douglas Fir Resort And Chalets
- Douglas Fir Hotel Chalets
- Douglas Fir Banff