This is a great place for kids. The play zone, the water slide, and the games room keep the kids busy and away from screens. There was a hockey team staying there. The kids had no parental guidance so around 11pm we called front desk to enforce the rules of no hockey in the halls.Three phone calls later, there was no intervention, so my husband stepped out. The kids scattered, but continued to party. A bad sleep was had by all that were trying to sleep. And we were disappointed by the lack of action from the front desk. Other wise it was great. The kids enjoyed the water slides as my husband and I enjoyed the peaceful outdoor hot tub, with a view.
the signage around the resort is poor. So easy to get turned around and lost.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banff’s Finest Family Accommodation, located on peaceful Tunnel Mountain. All units have full kitchen, air-conditioning, fireplace (most are wood-burning) and flat-screen TVs, DVD players and Plug n’Play panels (families can now bring their electronic gaming systems). Amenities include 2 BRAND NEW giant indoor waterslides, swimming pool, kiddie pool, games room, multilevel indoor playzone, saunas, whirlpools, steam room, fitness room, barbecue stations and FREE/UNLIMITED use of the Town of Banff shuttle bus. Free WiFi and internet kiosk, free local calls and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Venere, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets Hotel Banff
- Douglas Fir Resort And Chalets
- Douglas Fir Hotel Chalets
- Douglas Fir Banff