We stayed at the Douglas Fir for 3 nights in December 2013. We enjoyed our stay. Very peaceful and quiet. Loved the fireplace. We sat in front of the fire every evening. The resort supplies all the firewood you need.
The rooms are somewhat dated but too badly. Its nice to have a kitchen to make some of our own meals. The hotel supplied some breakfast food which was nice.
Its nice to have a pool and hot tub to use at the hotel.
Our room backed onto the woods and could often see wildlife wandering by.
All in all, it's a good hotel and will be returning at least once a year
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banff’s Finest Family Accommodation, located on peaceful Tunnel Mountain. All units have full kitchen, air-conditioning, fireplace (most are wood-burning) and flat-screen TVs, DVD players and Plug n’Play panels (families can now bring their electronic gaming systems). Amenities include 2 BRAND NEW giant indoor waterslides, swimming pool, kiddie pool, games room, multilevel indoor playzone, saunas, whirlpools, steam room, fitness room, barbecue stations and FREE/UNLIMITED use of the Town of Banff shuttle bus. Free WiFi and internet kiosk, free local calls and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets Hotel Banff
- Douglas Fir Resort And Chalets
- Douglas Fir Hotel Chalets
- Douglas Fir Banff