The Resort has an indoor waterpark with two giant waterslides, a hot tub and kiddie pool. The waterpark is free for registered guests and at $20 per person to drop in for the day, you definitely want to be a hotel guest! There's also a separate swimming pool for those staying at the hotel that is not open to the public. We had an awesome time in the waterpark after playing outside in the snow and found it to be a great way to finish off the day.
The waterpark provides life jackets for kids as well so no need to bring one from home.
The Resort also offers a giant indoor play park exclusive for their registered guests and it opens at 8am! If you know the mountains, you know it's way too cold to go outside with kids that early. We were even able to get some play time in before checking out the next day.
Nothing fancy and could be refurbished but they are comfortable and offer a kitchen so you can cook your own meals and save money on eating out. Wood burning fireplace is a nice touch and we loved our loft suite with separate bedroom for mom and dad.
Would happily stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banff’s Finest Family Accommodation, located on peaceful Tunnel Mountain. All units have full kitchen, air-conditioning, fireplace (most are wood-burning) and flat-screen TVs, DVD players and Plug n’Play panels (families can now bring their electronic gaming systems). Amenities include 2 BRAND NEW giant indoor waterslides, swimming pool, kiddie pool, games room, multilevel indoor playzone, saunas, whirlpools, steam room, fitness room, barbecue stations and FREE/UNLIMITED use of the Town of Banff shuttle bus. Free WiFi and internet kiosk, free local calls and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Douglas Fir Resort And Chalets
- Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets Hotel Banff
- Douglas Fir Hotel Chalets
- Douglas Fir Banff