Kids had fun at the water slides and indoor playground. Free bus passes were convenient. Front staff was friendly
However, does not make up for how dirty and run down the place is. Outlets were loose, thought the lamp was unplugged and when I went to plug it in behind the bed was met by a large amount of nasty filth on the carpet.
Beds are old and uncomfortable. Bedding is also old and tattered and questioned whether the extra blanket had ever been washed.
Pretty sure the mouthwash was diluted soap, so gross.
Carpets are in need of an update.
Dried urine between toilet seat and tank.
Kitchen floor was sticky.
Pool area and change rooms were dirty.
Won't stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banff’s Finest Family Accommodation, located on peaceful Tunnel Mountain. All units have full kitchen, air-conditioning, fireplace (most are wood-burning) and flat-screen TVs, DVD players and Plug n’Play panels (families can now bring their electronic gaming systems). Amenities include 2 BRAND NEW giant indoor waterslides, swimming pool, kiddie pool, games room, multilevel indoor playzone, saunas, whirlpools, steam room, fitness room, barbecue stations and FREE/UNLIMITED use of the Town of Banff shuttle bus. Free WiFi and internet kiosk, free local calls and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Low Cost Holidays, Odigeo and Otel so you can book your Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets Hotel Banff
- Douglas Fir Resort And Chalets
- Douglas Fir Hotel Chalets
- Douglas Fir Banff