Have stayed here previously, however this particular time, the room was outdated.
Mattress and sofa was very old.
Am a fit, healthy 30 something and left with a sore back.
Would NOT recommend or consider going back unless it was remodelled and refurnished top to bottom.
Kitchen was also outdated. No decent cooking utensils.
Dish soap was watered down.
Mouthwash appeared to be a refilled bottle with chunks floating in it...disgusting! Casts further doubt over the cleanliness of this place.
Management insisted on a 3 night minimum over the long weekend with no exceptions. Just horrible!
Much nicer places to stay in banff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banff’s Finest Family Accommodation, located on peaceful Tunnel Mountain. All units have full kitchen, air-conditioning, fireplace (most are wood-burning) and flat-screen TVs, DVD players and Plug n’Play panels (families can now bring their electronic gaming systems). Amenities include 2 BRAND NEW giant indoor waterslides, swimming pool, kiddie pool, games room, multilevel indoor playzone, saunas, whirlpools, steam room, fitness room, barbecue stations and FREE/UNLIMITED use of the Town of Banff shuttle bus. Free WiFi and internet kiosk, free local calls and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Douglas Fir Resort And Chalets
- Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets Hotel Banff
- Douglas Fir Hotel Chalets
- Douglas Fir Banff