We booked our Thanksgiving here, we usually stay downtown but chose the Douglas Fir because of the waterslide and kids play area as our daughter is almost 11 and it's nice for that extra activity inside should the weather take a turn for the worst! Check in was quick, friendly and efficient (thank you Duncan) with good instructions for a first time visitor. We had underground heated parking with a designated stall. Our room had a queen bed and a sofa bed, full kitchen (and I mean full as we had a dishwasher and full stove!!).... All the cutlery and dishes were provided as were dish detergent and dishwasher tablets! Really, home from home. Free firewood for the open fire and we had a huge patio with beautiful view. There is access for computer consoles, a DVD player and a huge flat screen TV. This was nice after a day full of activity, to settle down as a family with the fire going... We walked into town, it takes about 15 minutes (at the most) to get to the entry to downtown and about 20 (at the most) to take the mountain way to the middle of downtown. We passed wildlife so I recommend taking the walk..HOWEVER! You do get free bus passes with your room rate which get you onto transport free, the helpful people at reception provide a schedule with great instructions! We got the bus back up a few times after a few glasses of wine. We adore Banff and will be taking advantage of this fantastic resort again. You are nestled in the mountain away from the hubbub of downtown. We did have issues with our room card which ended up seeing the lock completely replaced. The team who helped us were really friendly and it was nice to chat about where we were all from. The only other downside was that the waterslides were closed one full day due to a biohazard. It is a shame as this was one of the main reasons we booked this resort but they have to make sure it is safe so we understood... there are so many things to do in Banff, this certainly did not spoil our vacation.. our daughter was a little disappointed but hey ho, these things happen. We will be back for sure, we plan to be more prepared to use the room amenities which will save on eating out so much (and feeling guilty and spending too much!!) We want to bring our bikes and explore the trails near the resort. Excited to come back!! Thank you for a wonderful Thanksgiving experience! Oh one thing that could be improved is perhaps extraction for the bathroom!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banff’s Finest Family Accommodation, located on peaceful Tunnel Mountain. All units have full kitchen, air-conditioning, fireplace (most are wood-burning) and flat-screen TVs, DVD players and Plug n’Play panels (families can now bring their electronic gaming systems). Amenities include 2 BRAND NEW giant indoor waterslides, swimming pool, kiddie pool, games room, multilevel indoor playzone, saunas, whirlpools, steam room, fitness room, barbecue stations and FREE/UNLIMITED use of the Town of Banff shuttle bus. Free WiFi and internet kiosk, free local calls and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets Hotel Banff
- Douglas Fir Resort And Chalets
- Douglas Fir Hotel Chalets
- Douglas Fir Banff