We have stayed at the Douglas Fir several times with the kids. We normally just spend a night or two there but have enjoyed all our stays. The hotel is not "new" and certainly could use some updating but we've never had any problems there. The play area is fantastic (though make sure to give hands a good scrub after playing - we had a bad round of flu from here).
The staff have always been friendly and accommodating and rooms are comfortable enough. I love the room options available when travelling with a family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banff’s Finest Family Accommodation, located on peaceful Tunnel Mountain. All units have full kitchen, air-conditioning, fireplace (most are wood-burning) and flat-screen TVs, DVD players and Plug n’Play panels (families can now bring their electronic gaming systems). Amenities include 2 BRAND NEW giant indoor waterslides, swimming pool, kiddie pool, games room, multilevel indoor playzone, saunas, whirlpools, steam room, fitness room, barbecue stations and FREE/UNLIMITED use of the Town of Banff shuttle bus. Free WiFi and internet kiosk, free local calls and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets Hotel Banff
- Douglas Fir Resort And Chalets
- Douglas Fir Hotel Chalets
- Douglas Fir Banff