This place was was great for families especially on a very rainy day and night. The staff were helpful, the waterslides were an absolute hit with the kids and there is even a completely separate other pool for those who want to avoid noisy children! The indoor playground is AMAZING! Best I've ever seen. All rooms have a kitchenette which was perfectly adequate for cooking simple meals. The down-side: The rooms are nice but not spectacular, it is a maze to get around there and we had to ask for directions numerous times, and it's not right in down-town Banff if that is what you are looking for. I would stay there again though simply for the waterslides and playground!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banff’s Finest Family Accommodation, located on peaceful Tunnel Mountain. All units have full kitchen, air-conditioning, fireplace (most are wood-burning) and flat-screen TVs, DVD players and Plug n’Play panels (families can now bring their electronic gaming systems). Amenities include 2 BRAND NEW giant indoor waterslides, swimming pool, kiddie pool, games room, multilevel indoor playzone, saunas, whirlpools, steam room, fitness room, barbecue stations and FREE/UNLIMITED use of the Town of Banff shuttle bus. Free WiFi and internet kiosk, free local calls and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets Hotel Banff
- Douglas Fir Resort And Chalets
- Douglas Fir Hotel Chalets
- Douglas Fir Banff