We had the chance to stay at this resort again last month (june2013) and had stayed perviously in Dec 2012.
The rooms are dated but clean and perfect for families with little ones. We've stayed in both the lofts and one bedroom lofts. I prefer the set up of the loft better then the one bedroom. The kitchen is open in the loft with much more counter and cupboard space if you choose to cook and bring snacks and groceries.
We used the play area several times and it was clean and the enjoyable. The pool is another great addition to the resort. Our kids loved the pools and watersides. If you're traveling with infants, don't forget their swim diapers -they charges $2 per swim diaper.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banff’s Finest Family Accommodation, located on peaceful Tunnel Mountain. All units have full kitchen, air-conditioning, fireplace (most are wood-burning) and flat-screen TVs, DVD players and Plug n’Play panels (families can now bring their electronic gaming systems). Amenities include 2 BRAND NEW giant indoor waterslides, swimming pool, kiddie pool, games room, multilevel indoor playzone, saunas, whirlpools, steam room, fitness room, barbecue stations and FREE/UNLIMITED use of the Town of Banff shuttle bus. Free WiFi and internet kiosk, free local calls and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Douglas Fir Resort And Chalets
- Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets Hotel Banff
- Douglas Fir Hotel Chalets
- Douglas Fir Banff