It is a place for families. My kids loved the play zone and the water slides. The hotel is in a beautiful location with many access points to trails. The town us close and you could walk there. It's really close to a great hike up Tunnel Mountain. Only two complaints, first the hotel needs some investment to modernize. Though clean, it is dated. Second, pets are permitted, which is fine unless you have yappy dogs beneath you.
Last but not least I will say their service was excellent. My wife and I realized we made a mistake on our reservation. We booked Thursday/Friday but meant to book Friday/Saturday. We realized this on Friday and they had us as a no show. However, without question they moved our reservation and did not charge us an extra day nor any fees. I'm sure the big chains would not have extended that kind of understanding and service. Well done Douglas Fir!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banff’s Finest Family Accommodation, located on peaceful Tunnel Mountain. All units have full kitchen, air-conditioning, fireplace (most are wood-burning) and flat-screen TVs, DVD players and Plug n’Play panels (families can now bring their electronic gaming systems). Amenities include 2 BRAND NEW giant indoor waterslides, swimming pool, kiddie pool, games room, multilevel indoor playzone, saunas, whirlpools, steam room, fitness room, barbecue stations and FREE/UNLIMITED use of the Town of Banff shuttle bus. Free WiFi and internet kiosk, free local calls and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, EasyToBook, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Douglas Fir Resort And Chalets
- Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets Hotel Banff
- Douglas Fir Hotel Chalets
- Douglas Fir Banff