This is an old property. But the rooms were ok, and the kitchen was fine - just a bit short of utensils. Normal. The bathroom was quite modern, but a little small. The pool was great, and we spent a lot of time on the water slides. We stayed twice, a week apart, and we had no problems going back a second time. There is even a tiny store on site where you can feed yourself.
My only worry was that something made a meal out of me on our last night. My hip was quite extensively chewed and itchy. Not good.
- Also Known As:
- Douglas Fir Resort And Chalets
- Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets Hotel
- Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets Hotel Banff
- Douglas Fir Hotel Chalets
- Douglas Fir Banff
- Douglas Fir Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banff’s Finest Family Accommodation, located on peaceful Tunnel Mountain. All units have full kitchen, air-conditioning, fireplace (most are wood-burning) and flat-screen TVs, DVD players and Plug n’Play panels (families can now bring their electronic gaming systems). Amenities include 2 BRAND NEW giant indoor waterslides, swimming pool, kiddie pool, games room, multilevel indoor playzone, saunas, whirlpools, steam room, fitness room, barbecue stations and FREE/UNLIMITED use of the Town of Banff shuttle bus. Free WiFi and internet kiosk, free local calls and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com and Tingo so you can book your Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.