We rented a 1 bedroom loft condo - the title is misleading, because the loft has a big 2nd bedroom and half bathroom. It worked quite well for 4 adults, and represents value for money in a town that can be pricey. It is quite comfortable, offers cleaning service daily, and is quiet and private.
The staff were friendly and helpful, and it is a great advantage to be out of town, as it can be quite rowdy on NYE etc. If you don't have a car, the hotel provides free bus passes to go to and from the town.
There is a laundromat, grocery store and wine store on site, so if you foget anything, it is easy to "run to the store." The kitchen facilites are good and it is possible to cook easily. Also, all town restaurants deliver free of charge.
We would definitley consider staying there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banff’s Finest Family Accommodation, located on peaceful Tunnel Mountain. All units have full kitchen, air-conditioning, fireplace (most are wood-burning) and flat-screen TVs, DVD players and Plug n’Play panels (families can now bring their electronic gaming systems). Amenities include 2 BRAND NEW giant indoor waterslides, swimming pool, kiddie pool, games room, multilevel indoor playzone, saunas, whirlpools, steam room, fitness room, barbecue stations and FREE/UNLIMITED use of the Town of Banff shuttle bus. Free WiFi and internet kiosk, free local calls and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Low Cost Holidays and Agoda so you can book your Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Douglas Fir Resort And Chalets
- Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets Hotel Banff
- Douglas Fir Hotel Chalets
- Douglas Fir Banff