We stayed in a two bed chalet. It cost us about $350 a night. For this price, i expect more.
Don't get me wrong, there are positives:
- the chalet was private. we had our own parking. there was no-one in the chalet below us so it was quiet
- the beds were comfy
- we had a balcony looking out over a forest area. nice to sit outside and relax.
- hotel guests can use the local bus service for free which takes you from the hotel into town (a good 2km away)
The not so good:
- the kitchen was a little small - it had what you needed but it did feel like a tight squeeze. OK to cook breakfast, dinner would be a struggle.
- the chalet was very dark. not much natural light. you needed the lights on downstairs all day
- the swimming pool and the slides are good however they are not linked together. If you want to go from the slides to the pool you need to walk through the hotel in your swimming stuff!
- it is a good 30minute walk into and out of town. The walk home is totally uphill.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banff’s Finest Family Accommodation, located on peaceful Tunnel Mountain. All units have full kitchen, air-conditioning, fireplace (most are wood-burning) and flat-screen TVs, DVD players and Plug n’Play panels (families can now bring their electronic gaming systems). Amenities include 2 BRAND NEW giant indoor waterslides, swimming pool, kiddie pool, games room, multilevel indoor playzone, saunas, whirlpools, steam room, fitness room, barbecue stations and FREE/UNLIMITED use of the Town of Banff shuttle bus. Free WiFi and internet kiosk, free local calls and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Douglas Fir Resort And Chalets
- Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets Hotel Banff
- Douglas Fir Hotel Chalets
- Douglas Fir Banff