The room was well appointed, the staff helpful however the noise level was beyond acceptable. First the continual banging of cupboard doors - could be heard from two or three rooms away. Overall the door banging was not an issue however people checking into the hotel late in the evening meant this could go on at any point (one night started at 11 pm and continued until well past 12 midnight). We were kept awake for two nights in a row due to party-goers; phone calls to the main desk helped however the partiers just seemed to move rooms and continue on. The first night we were kept awake past 3:30 am causing us to sleep in and miss our booking for the Ice Walk at 8:30 am the following morning. The same routine continued the following evening. Although the staff seemed to want to help they were unable to stop the noise. A woman must have confronted the partiers probably asking them to quiet down which led to the partiers walking the hallway loudly announcing there were women staying in the hotel who didn't appreciate the noise - again until the wee hours of the morning. We had a loft room in the main building, there might be less noise in one of the smaller buildings containing 2 to 4 units. The use of fireplaces is questionable, the hallway filled with smoke making it difficult to breathe and as a result I was concerned about the air quality in the rooms. We put a blanket at the bottom of the door to block some of the smell. The room was a great value for the cost however I won't be returning, the cost of 3 nights with little to no sleep was too high. I think I'll save up a little longer and try one of the higher end hotels instead - no guarantees but it's worth a try...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banff’s Finest Family Accommodation, located on peaceful Tunnel Mountain. All units have full kitchen, air-conditioning, fireplace (most are wood-burning) and flat-screen TVs, DVD players and Plug n’Play panels (families can now bring their electronic gaming systems). Amenities include 2 BRAND NEW giant indoor waterslides, swimming pool, kiddie pool, games room, multilevel indoor playzone, saunas, whirlpools, steam room, fitness room, barbecue stations and FREE/UNLIMITED use of the Town of Banff shuttle bus. Free WiFi and internet kiosk, free local calls and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Venere, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets Hotel Banff
- Douglas Fir Resort And Chalets
- Douglas Fir Hotel Chalets
- Douglas Fir Banff