Our most recent trip to Douglas Fir didn't go exactly as planned. It is our family tradition to spend a weekend here every Fall. This year was no exception. We booked our two night stay and were excited for a fun family weekend. We checked in at 8:00 p.m. on Friday night and by 10:00 that same evening my youngest son and I were vomitting uncontrollably. We both had Norovirus and were quite sick. Needless to say we needed to go home and checked out by 12:00 p.m. Saturday. Douglas Fir did not charge us for the second night although they had every right to and they supplied us with extra towels and blankets during our difficult night. They have always had my business but they now have my gratitude and respect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banff’s Finest Family Accommodation, located on peaceful Tunnel Mountain. All units have full kitchen, air-conditioning, fireplace (most are wood-burning) and flat-screen TVs, DVD players and Plug n’Play panels (families can now bring their electronic gaming systems). Amenities include 2 BRAND NEW giant indoor waterslides, swimming pool, kiddie pool, games room, multilevel indoor playzone, saunas, whirlpools, steam room, fitness room, barbecue stations and FREE/UNLIMITED use of the Town of Banff shuttle bus. Free WiFi and internet kiosk, free local calls and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, EasyToBook, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Douglas Fir Resort And Chalets
- Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets Hotel Banff
- Douglas Fir Hotel Chalets
- Douglas Fir Banff