Had a loft room with two double beds in the loft area. Lower, living area had a very well equipped kitchen - good variety of dishes and cooking utensils, full stove, microwave, toaster. Living area also had a dining table, tv with DVD player, sofa, fold-down bed (which we didn't use), balcony with a great view, and a fireplace with free wood.
Room was wonderfully spacious, comfortable, quiet. We picked up some easy-to-cook dinners at the grocery store in town to save some money for a couple of evenings and then splurged on a nice dinner out at one of the local restaurants on our last night.
Good base for travelling around the area. Local hiking trails.
Great for kids - water slide, indoor play area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banff’s Finest Family Accommodation, located on peaceful Tunnel Mountain. All units have full kitchen, air-conditioning, fireplace (most are wood-burning) and flat-screen TVs, DVD players and Plug n’Play panels (families can now bring their electronic gaming systems). Amenities include 2 BRAND NEW giant indoor waterslides, swimming pool, kiddie pool, games room, multilevel indoor playzone, saunas, whirlpools, steam room, fitness room, barbecue stations and FREE/UNLIMITED use of the Town of Banff shuttle bus. Free WiFi and internet kiosk, free local calls and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Venere, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets Hotel Banff
- Douglas Fir Resort And Chalets
- Douglas Fir Hotel Chalets
- Douglas Fir Banff