I've been working my way through all the resorts on tunnel mountain and recently stayed at Douglas Fir. The kids zone play area is brilliant and a great way to wear down the munchkins at no additional cost. My 2.5 year old and 10 month old had a blast. The structure was well designed to appeal to a variety of skills and ages. The water slide is being replaced and when it is complete this hotel will be a one stop shop with absolutely no need to go anywhere else.
Now for the rooms-the resort is charming but it may be a bit too rustic for some. The combination of repaired, worn and replaced items create a mish mash feel that is somewhat dated. I didn't really mind that because it had a great wood burning fireplace and stunning mountain view from the 4th floor.
What i did not like was the fact that the perimeter of every carpeted room was super dusty and it had obviously accumulated over a very long time. You notice these things when you have a baby who is crawling around the room and is laying in a play pen only inches from the floor.
Beyond that, the room was clean, even the dishes in the kitchenette. The beds were very comfortable. The service was superb. The loft room in the main building was a cool layout and the 25% discount on the room while the water slide is being rebuilt made it a steal of a deal. My favorite resort is still Hidden Ridge but this is a close second. Next time I stay at Douglas Fir I will try an A frame chalet.
- Also Known As:
- Douglas Fir Resort And Chalets
- Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets Hotel Banff
- Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets Hotel
- Douglas Fir Hotel Chalets
- Douglas Fir Banff
- Douglas Fir Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banff’s Finest Family Accommodation, located on peaceful Tunnel Mountain. All units have full kitchen, air-conditioning, fireplace (most are wood-burning) and flat-screen TVs, DVD players and Plug n’Play panels (families can now bring their electronic gaming systems). Amenities include 2 BRAND NEW giant indoor waterslides, swimming pool, kiddie pool, games room, multilevel indoor playzone, saunas, whirlpools, steam room, fitness room, barbecue stations and FREE/UNLIMITED use of the Town of Banff shuttle bus. Free WiFi and internet kiosk, free local calls and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.