“Just ok” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Charlton's Cedar Court

Save Saved
You added Charlton's Cedar Court to your Saves list
Charlton's Cedar Court
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   513 Banff Ave., Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1B4, Canada   |
Ranked #22 of 31 Hotels in Banff
Halifax, Canada
“Just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Stayed here for four nights in August. We had a a loft suite with a spiral staircase which looked very nice online, however there is no bathroom up on the top level which was really inconvenient especially at night. The hotel is located about a 15 minute walk to the start of the main drag, so it is nice and quiet. The view was very disappointing. Breakfast was boring but service in the dining area was very good. Front desk staff were not helpful or friendly at all but they were polite. The hotel was clean and the bed was comfy.

Room Tip: Don't get a loft suite. the spiral staircase is a killer at night.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
BanffManagement, General Manager at Charlton's Cedar Court, responded to this review, August 24, 2014
Dear CharlieNS

Thank you for your review, I apologize that our King Loft Suite and the complimentary breakfast did not meet your requirements. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our location, cleanliness and the service in dining area. It is important for us to receive all feedback and we appreciate you taking the time to do this.

Thank you very much for staying with us.

Kind Regards

Stephen Crossland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

We stayed 3 nights at Charlton's Cedar Court in a King Loft suite. We absolutely loved it! The staff were very helpful (even when my computer would not hook up to their wifi (turns out Microsoft blocked it!). The breakfast ladies were so nice. It truly was a perfect place to stay...

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Sherry F

Thank you for your kind review. We are very lucky to have Gloria and Lanette running our breakfast room and I shall pass on your great comments to them. I am glad you enjoyed our King Loft Suite and that our staff were helpful in connecting you to the complimentary internet.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

I would like to say how pleased my wife and I were with the service provided to us by Charleton Cedar Court. During our recent trip to Banff we were fortunate enough to stay at the Cedar Court in Banff. I have stayed at many Delta properties across Canada and found them very good and the staff friendly. The Cedar Court was the best so far.
I can be a little "high maintenance" at times, but the management always responded "it would be our pleasure to help". After some billing confusion we were provided with complimentary chocolates and sparkling wine. A few days later we contacted them again to extend our stay. Even though it was high season with little "heads up" they were able to make an accommodation for us in an even better room at a better price.

My wife and I have high standards for service and quality and the hotel exceeded them in every way. Being in Human Resources, part of my job is to spot outstanding achievers and every aspect of our stay was positive. The staff was extremely customer oriented and dedicated from the room service staff, breakfast hosts, and especially front desk and management staff. We had an extremely enjoyable stay and I would highly recommend the Charleton Cedar Court for travellers to Banff.
Randy Way and Anel Dominguez, Ottawa Ontario

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
BanffManagement, General Manager at Charlton's Cedar Court, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Dear Randy W,

Thank you for your kind review and for choosing to stay with us while you travelling in Banff.

It was very nice to meet you and I will pass on your kind comments to all my colleagues. We look forward welcoming you back in the future.

Shannonville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at Charlton's Cedar Court. The staff friendly and the bed very comfortable. The breakfast was ok. Our room had a loft which was fine for us but perhaps some travellers would not appreciate the spiral stairs.
It has a good location also, only a 10 minute walk to the centre of town. We also enjoyed the hot tub after walking and hiking all day. Overall we were very happy with our decision to stay at Charlton's Cedar Court.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask if the room has a loft. Some travellers may not appreciate the spiral staircase.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Julie K,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Charlton's Cedar Court.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and found our staff friendly and the bed comfortable.
The hot tub does come in very handy after a long day hiking!

Gibbons, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

On the main avenue so it was easy to locate, great covered parking to keep out hot sun or bad weather. Staff were friendly and helpful when queried. About a four block walk to the centre of town for shopping and restaurants. Style of the room was not for us as it was a loft, the main floor has the sofa, closet, bathroom, dresser with a TV, bar fridge and no microwave. The upper floor had the king bed with two small dressers and also a TV. If you want a drink or snack from the fridge you had to go down the spiral stairs, same if you need to use the toilet. Hot tub was very nice, big enough for 8 people, the swimming pool was small but great for kids.

Room Tip: see the review.
Dear railcruiser1

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I apologize that the style of room did not fit your requirements on this occasion. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our large hot tub and pool as these are great for families.

Thank you for staying with us.

Scarborough
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I had a terrible experience in July 2014. After confirming with the hotel I got my Banff Gondola tickets mailed to the front desk, from Air Miles. The hotel misplaced my mail. At the hotel I was told they don't accept mail at the front desk. They were kind enough to give me vouchers to visit the Gondola. After my trip they asked for the reimbursement and went ahead and charged my cc without my authorization. I got them Proof of Purchase from Air Miles for the reimbursement. The place is undergoing renovations and is highly overpriced

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear SudeSingh,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I must apologize firstly for the communication of the address from our side. We incorrectly gave you the street address to mail the tickets from Air Miles to Banff. We should have informed you that Banff does not have street delivery and given you our P.O. Box, for this I am sincerely sorry.

We did however work with you and gave you the tickets while we awaited confirmation from Airmiles and we were in constant contact with you over the past month via email trying to resolve the Air Miles missing tickets.

Once again I sincerely apologize that it took so long to resolve due to various factors.

Kind Regards

Brooks, Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Very easy to find, close walking to downtown and Safeway. Loft with fireplace room was very nice and quiet. Huge walk-in shower. Plenty of room for two but hour a bed makes room for more. TV upstairs and down. Light in air unit above need was a bit bright if you like dark rooms for sleep. Clock radio very bright big numbers. I unplugged it for darkness sake. Staff v.v. friendly at desk and helpful. Nice pool, steam room. Fitness room and spa available at sister hotel, Delta, a block away at no extra charge. Overhang parking kept vehicle dry. Walk around town or take transit, parking on Banff is ridiculous.

Room Tip: Cool weather, get loft with fireplace.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear RobertF,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am glad you enjoyed our Loft King Suite and the huge walk-in shower. It was a pleasure to here that our staff were very friendly and helpful.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Stephen Crossland

Been to Charlton's Cedar Court? Share your experiences!