“Great Location and View” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bow View Lodge

You added Bow View Lodge to your Saves list
Bow View Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   228 Bow Avenue | Box 339, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1A5, Canada   |
Ranked #25 of 31 Hotels in Banff
“Great Location and View”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed here for Christmas 2014.

Stayed for two nights for a pretty good price. The location was pretty nice, loved not being on the main road, felt quieter and was so close to the river. The view from our window of the bow river was so beautiful, best part of the stay.

The room itself wasn't great. There were two single beds which made the room feel fairly small, and it was very outdated. The walls seemed paper thin as I could hear the people below us and around us.

If you are looking for a place to rest your head for the night after a day of exploring Banff I would recommend! If you plan on spending a lot of time in the room, I would definitely recommend looking else where.

Room Tip: River view for sure.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Korean first
Edmonton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The Bow View Lodge is named as such because it definitely has a view of the Bow river. The Bow River is right behind the hotel with a nice walking path.

The hotel is just a few steps away from Banff Ave, just park your car and walk. It's also a few minutes away from the hot springs, Fairmont Banff hotel, etc.

The hotel is nicely kept, and is very clean. The staff were also friendly.

My problem with this hotel is it's outdated, and looks like your walking into the 1990's. It has extremely slow wifi internet, and old-school tube televisions.

This hotel is also very noisy. The walls are thin, and you can hear people in the next room, toilets flushing, and I even could hear someone going to the bathroom in the next room in the middle of the night.

The walls make noise, and for some reason there was a constant "click click click" noise from the plumbing or heating that would not stop in my room which drove me crazy.

It was a clean hotel with a good location, but I wouldn't stay here again.

The bed was rock hard, and the pillows were so-so.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

As retirees, we are able to take advantage of the Bow View's special offers, which we have done on several occasions. We are impressed with the location on the river near the main street, the friendly, helpful staff, and the quality of the rooms.The pool, hot tubs, fitness and restaurant are next door in the big sister, the Banff Park Lodge and are available to guests. The riverside pathway offers a great walk to Bow Falls. The lodge meets our needs with our only negative the Wifi which we had to pay for this last visit.

Room Tip: Always ask for a river view room.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Alicante
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This appears to be an annexe of the larger Banff View Lodge, which is just across the parking lot. The room was small, with a very small bathroom, but very clean. I visited as part of a tour in mid-August; it was raining in Banff, and the room was very cold. The heating/air con did not appear to be adjustable. There are no facilities at this hotel, you have to go to the other hotel for meals, the pool, and the laundry. This might be OK in good weather, but I got soaked twice, probably explaining why I was so cold. I did tell the receptionist, and the second day he placed a fan heater in my room, which improved things a lot. I would not choose this hotel again, although the sister hotel appeared to be much better.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Small cozy room over looking the Bow River. You have access to a pool/ hottub across parking lot.3asy walking distance to shops/food/pubs. Or just take a peaceful walk along the Bow. Elk come right up to the building in the evening. My only wish would be to have more water pressure in shower

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Manager_BowViewLodge, Manager at Bow View Lodge, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Hello Tracy P,

Thank you for visiting us at the Bow View Lodge. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. You even got to see some of our friends (Elk) hanging out on the back lawn.

I was disapointed to hear that the shower in the room wasn't giving out much pressure. If you could please contact us and let us know which room you stayed in, that would be great. We would like to have our maintenance team take a look.

Thanks
Chris Jonah
Lodge Manager

Lodgemanager@banffparklodge.com
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed here 2 nights, it wasn't a bad price in comparison to other hotels in Banff but nothing fancy here either. Hotel is dated but clean and is a close walk to downtown. Regular price is over $100/night and they can't even give you free WiFi. I guess they can't afford the Internet bill, so be prepared to pay $5 each day your here. Better hotels around the corner.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed at Bow View Lodge for 5 nights and enjoyed my stay here. The room was not big but clean. It took only a few minutes to walk to Banff town and Safeway. All staff were friendly. The rate was affordable. I will stay here again if I come back to Banff.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Manager_BowViewLodge, Manager at Bow View Lodge, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Hello ratpage,

I am glad you enjoyed your time staying at our cozy lodge. The location is what brings people back. Its so quiet and peacefull by the river, but yet so close to downtown. Hope to see you again!

Chris Jonah
Lodge Manager
Bow View Lodge

Been to Bow View Lodge? Share your experiences!