“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bow View Lodge

Save Saved
You added Bow View Lodge to your Saves list
Bow View Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   228 Bow Avenue | Box 339, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1A5, Canada   |
Ranked #19 of 33 hotels in Banff
Red Deer, Canada
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

The hotel is located in a quiet area and is a very short walk to downtown. Originally we were going to stay for one night, but after seeing the room we decided to stay 2 nights. We stayed in a King bedroom with a view of the Bow River. Staff was very friendly and were more than eager to answer all of our questions. The only problem we had is that the entertainment centre was in front of the window and blocked part of the view. Will definitely stay at the Bow View again!

Room Tip: Get a river view room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

238 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Parabiago, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We spent one night here in August 2011 and we were happy with our choice. For the price paid, the comforts we got couldn't have been higher. Our room had a huge soft bed, a sofa-bed (which we did not use), a dining table and a very large window. The location was also very pleasant, just near the river and quite far (about 5 mins walking) from the too much crowded main road. Unfortunately I didn't feel so well during the night (maybe something I ate) but having a clean, well-sized bathroom and a comfy room greatly helped me in recovering quickly. We did not have time to take a swim in the swimming pool located in the nearby sister lodge, but from the pictures I saw it should have been fine. Would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This review relates to room #219.
We chose this hotel as it is owned by the Banff Park Lodge and you can use the restaurants and leisure facilities provided in the other hotel.
The room is a good size but overcrowded with furniture including a sofa bed. The king size bed was very comfortable, the shower hot and with pressure and the coffee maker a bonus. The only drawback was paying for Wi-Fi

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed here knowing the reviews about the dated decor. Yes, it's all true. However I slept well and had everything I needed to enjoy my Banff trip. I am very particular about how clean a room should be and this met my expectations. I had a regular two double bed rooms that faced half parking lot, half tree lined street. The beds were fine to sleep in, I liked the fridge and plenty of place to put my stuff. Having a couch in the room was a nice touch.

The staff here very helpful and accommodating. The best part of this trip was that I could stay in a great walking distance location in Banff without paying an arm and a leg. Being right on the Bow River was nice for morning walks.

They have a small surface parking lot which is free. I saw from another review that we could use the adjacent underground parking lot from the sister hotel, I will do that next time I return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Bow view lodge almost a week, for a conference that was being held at the Banff Springs Hotel. Nice double bed room, each bed was fairly big, nice bathroom, with the sink separated from the toilet/bath, which was good for two people in the room. Tv with lots of channels, fridge, small round table with two chairs. Nice view to the river (frozen) side. Very warm and cozy. The breakfast was served at the other hotel, but was a full continental breakfast, with a nice variety and selection. Very nice and helpful staff. Internet is not free, but got a good deal for the week. Wi-fi signal is very good and valid for the hotel and the hotel where the breakfast is held. Very near the main avenue in Banff. The Banff airporter bus stops just in front if you book it in advance, so you can get there straight from the Calgary airport. I liked it, and would definetly come back.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Dan thanks for giving Gareth and me a great time in January. As usual the welcome was warm, the rooms were very comfortable (though isn't it time you installed some flat screen TVs for a better picture) the Breakfast was great at the Banff Park, We will be back in 2014

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I found some of the 'glowing' reviews for this place to be a little misleading. Yes, it is well situated, within easy walking distance of Banff Ave and the town centre, and the price is quite reasonable for Banff. But the place is quite dated, and walking through the corridors felt a bit like walking through an old hospital. The room was compact, with pretty standard furninshings, though was very clean at least. The room was quite dark as the window was located over on one side of the room, with a sliding door that didn't fully close. And I was surprised to find on arrival that they charged $5 for wifi...which they at least waived when I said I hadn't been aware of that when booking. It was fine for a one night stay, but I think we will revert back to our old reliable lodging option in future, further down Banff Ave but offers larger, more comfortable rooms at an even more reasonable price. Give it 5 out of 10....mostly for location.

Room Tip: If you do decide to stay here, opt to pay a little more for a river view room. It will be much bette...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Bow View Lodge? Share your experiences!