“Fantastic stay for a couple” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bow View Lodge

Bookmark
You added Bow View Lodge to your Saves list
Bow View Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   228 Bow Avenue | Box 339, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1A5, Canada   |
Ranked #20 of 31 Hotels in Banff
“Fantastic stay for a couple”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

The Bow View Lodge is a great place to stay for a couple, its a fantastic price for its location. The river view rooms are delightful and the rooms are very clean. We booked a room with a queen size bed and it was very comfortable and the linen was nicely washed. Don't let the size of the rooms or the age of the hotel fool you, the stay is grand and concierge was very polite and helpful. One problem however is the parking lot near the hotel, very close fitting and difficult for trucks and the shower is weird to run haha. Other than that the stay was wonderful and I would go back here again.

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

My family of four (two teenage sons) stayed one night here as we travelled through Alberta last summer. The hotel was basic, but roomy enough for our family. Parking was an issue...they have free parking, but not enough of it. However, there is lots in the Banff Park Lodge next door, under the building. We would have preferred the convenience of parking right by the hotel, but it all worked out. There are no frills with this hotel and alas...no air conditioning. Dont listen to what they say about cool mountain air. There was no cool air the 2nd week of July 2012. I couldnt sleep, though my husband and boys could, so I took a hand towel and wet it and kept it by my bed...The hotel did not provide any fans when I asked. I am sure this policy might be the same for other hotels as well. Otherwise, it was clean and I would consider it again. Great location very near shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Attended a conference in Banff and this "hotel" acts as overflow for the Banff Park Lodge (same ownership I believe). As such there is no restaurant here, just rooms.

The room was small-ish but adequate with only 1 bed, although I heard grumbles from other conference attendees about cramped conditions (which I presume was from 2 beds in the room). That said, the room was very clean, average amenities, decent linens, and dead quiet except the freight trains that go by 2-3 times per night.

It is on the edge of downtown (meaning a 3 minute walk at most) and hard on the Bow river which is scenic.

So it is a decent, average, place to sleep and I guess that's what matters the most.

Room Tip: There is a charge for internet access, but I booked through Expedia which said it was included with...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Grimsby, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

My wife and I spent our 10th anniversary in Banff and we were very pleased with Bow View Lodge. The building is right on the Bow River and the view we had late in the afternoon with the sun setting was breath taking. The management knowing of our anniversary had a beautiful basket of wine and champagne waiting for us in the room. They were helpful in directing us to some of the great restaurants and guided hikes in Banff. The room itself was clean, it's a little dated, but we were happy with the accomodations. For the price you can't go wrong. My wife and I would definitely stay here again when we return to that part of the country. Enjoy!!

Jerod

Room Tip: I believe we paid an extra few dollars to stay in a river view, it wasn't much more than the cit...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Had such a comfy room to relax and feel at home here in Banff. The fall colors where out and rustling of the trees so nice to see. In the morning out in the front we got to see a mom,dad, and baby moose eating leaves off the trees. Such a nice treat like out in the country. Not in a busy city!

• Stayed September 2012
NovaScotia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights attending a conference at the Banff Park Lodge, a sister hotel located really just across the parking lot. Arrived early, was given a room on the first floor. Problem with the sliding door so the front desk staff, all of whom were wonderful, moved me to third floor. Room was small but equipped with most of your needs. Beds were a bit hard for me, but overall, I was more than satisfied with the cleanliness and was surprised by the quietness of the property as a whole. The heart of downtown is only a short walk away. There is a fee for internet access, costing me $8 (taxes included) for 48 hours. You have access to all amenities at the Banff Park Lodge. After checking out of the Bow View, the concierge at the Banff Park Lodge arranged an airport shuttle and printed off boarding passes for me.

I wouldn't hesitate to return to this spot if I ever am in the area again, and if a large room is not a must for you and you are budget conscious, I would highly recommend this lodge.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We are an Australian couple who enjoyed our stay at Bow View Lodge. The views were fantasic, the walks along the Bow River in the evening and early morning were something to remember - especially the reflections in the river, and the deer also enjoying the walk.

The staff were friendly and efficient, the room was very comfortable, the downtown location was convenient and the breakfast included with our booking at the associated and adacent Banff Park Lodge was excellent.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Bow View Lodge? Share your experiences!