“10th Anniversary” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bow View Lodge

Save Saved
You added Bow View Lodge to your Saves list
Bow View Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   228 Bow Avenue | Box 339, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1A5, Canada   |
Ranked #20 of 33 Hotels in Banff
Grimsby, Canada
“10th Anniversary”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

My wife and I spent our 10th anniversary in Banff and we were very pleased with Bow View Lodge. The building is right on the Bow River and the view we had late in the afternoon with the sun setting was breath taking. The management knowing of our anniversary had a beautiful basket of wine and champagne waiting for us in the room. They were helpful in directing us to some of the great restaurants and guided hikes in Banff. The room itself was clean, it's a little dated, but we were happy with the accomodations. For the price you can't go wrong. My wife and I would definitely stay here again when we return to that part of the country. Enjoy!!

Jerod

Room Tip: I believe we paid an extra few dollars to stay in a river view, it wasn't much more than the cit...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Had such a comfy room to relax and feel at home here in Banff. The fall colors where out and rustling of the trees so nice to see. In the morning out in the front we got to see a mom,dad, and baby moose eating leaves off the trees. Such a nice treat like out in the country. Not in a busy city!

• Stayed September 2012
NovaScotia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights attending a conference at the Banff Park Lodge, a sister hotel located really just across the parking lot. Arrived early, was given a room on the first floor. Problem with the sliding door so the front desk staff, all of whom were wonderful, moved me to third floor. Room was small but equipped with most of your needs. Beds were a bit hard for me, but overall, I was more than satisfied with the cleanliness and was surprised by the quietness of the property as a whole. The heart of downtown is only a short walk away. There is a fee for internet access, costing me $8 (taxes included) for 48 hours. You have access to all amenities at the Banff Park Lodge. After checking out of the Bow View, the concierge at the Banff Park Lodge arranged an airport shuttle and printed off boarding passes for me.

I wouldn't hesitate to return to this spot if I ever am in the area again, and if a large room is not a must for you and you are budget conscious, I would highly recommend this lodge.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We are an Australian couple who enjoyed our stay at Bow View Lodge. The views were fantasic, the walks along the Bow River in the evening and early morning were something to remember - especially the reflections in the river, and the deer also enjoying the walk.

The staff were friendly and efficient, the room was very comfortable, the downtown location was convenient and the breakfast included with our booking at the associated and adacent Banff Park Lodge was excellent.

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Bow View Lodge still has the best view of the Bow River and I feel great while staying there. The very clean, comfortable and quiet rooms made my stay very pleasant. My late husband and I had spent many anniversaries at B.V.L. and this year would have been our 61st. so I had VERY happy memories. Receptionists were very considerate , efficient and friendly.

Room Tip: third floor River view rooms are my preference
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We have stayed at the Bow View Lodge for many years. We would not stay anywhere else. We find the staff very friendly, rooms clean and perfect for couples. Ask for a river view and you won't be sorry.

Room Tip: Third floor with a river view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We travel quite a bit and it's a breath of fresh air to find a great place with an awesome view and super nice and helpful staff. It's location is fantastic for a several reasons-The view, Walking trails next to the bow river just across the quiet street, a short walk to lots of shops: just to name a few. The room was very clean and this review would not have happened if there was even one thing not clean. We will be staying there again. I've uploaded a few pictures. Enjoy !!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Bow View Lodge? Share your experiences!