“My home from home in Banff.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bow View Lodge

You added Bow View Lodge to your Saves list
Bow View Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   228 Bow Avenue | Box 339, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1A5, Canada   |
Ranked #21 of 31 Hotels in Banff
London, United Kingdom
“My home from home in Banff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

I have just returned from another wonderful week at the the Bow View.

A friendly welcome from Dan and my spacious room overlooking the Bow River was a "Haste ye back" to my ski "home" for the last 4 years.

The room was beautifully presented, clean, warm and comfortable. The breakfast in the Banff Park Lodge was of "brunch" proportions and the spa the spa in the BPL was a treat after a days skiing.

I cant wait to get back in 2013!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

Stayed here for a conference. Hotel is dated but its a good value for the area. You get access to the Banff Park Lodge pool etc. Got the wifi password even though I didn't pay. The guest services rep just gave it to me. Appreciated that! Bed was hard but room was clean. You get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are bigger and not as noisy.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Annapolis Valley, NS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

The Bow View Lodge (BVL) is located directly behind the Banff Park Lodge (BPL). The Bow View is the economy version of the BPL and all the amenities of the BPL are available to guests of the BVL, i.e. pool, spa, fitness room, bars, etc. we booked online with the hotel, but on arrival, my wife ("who has more nerve than Dick Tracy"), asked for the Expedia price, and because the water was to be turned off the next day for maintenance, the lower price was given. Even without the lower price the BVL is a great deal. I feel that it is even better located then the hotels I usually stay at on Banff Avenue. We spent 2 nights, January 10 & 11, and will stay here again on our next visit. We had a river view room which due to the hotels orientation to the Bow River probably was a better view than those offered by the Banff Park Lodge (although I cannot be certain).

The only 2 slightly negative points were: the water had to be off for maintenance one day (though bottled water was supplied and the water was back on by ~ 5 pm), and the outdoor parking, as opposed to the indoor underground parking at the BPL.

Overall the Bow View Lodge is a good value with an adequate room and a good location, what more could you ask for!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Absolutely no complaints just praise for this brilliant establishment..... The staff were wonderful too....

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

For a christmas treat my daughter and I traveled to Banff and stayed in the Bow View Lodge. This was a repeat visit and we were not disappointed. Our room was a standard, but just as nice as the river view room. We got a corner room with a lovely view of the mountains and the woods. Very comfortable beds, coffee maker and a little fridge added to the comfort of our room. Meals were still served in the sister lodge the Banff Park Lodge. All ammenties were good. We very much enjoyed contact with the staff, J.P. the manager, Lori and especially Kayla who was very helpful to me.Our experience was very nice and we will certainly return.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room facing Wolf street
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Campbell River, British Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

Stayed for 2 nights on our way to Calgary for the stampede. The new Reno on the middle room was swanky. The rest of the hotel didn't seem as swanky but hey....all I care about is our room anyway.

• Stayed June 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

I stayed here in September 2011. My room was unbearably hot when I arrived. There was no air conditioning and the windows didn't open. I could open the balcony door, but it had no screen. The balconies are not private, and as a single traveller I was not going to leave mine open all night. The single fan did nothing to make the room cooler. I tried calling the front desk a few times but no one answered, so I took the elevator downstairs and talked to the desk clerk in person. She provided a second fan which helped to make things more comfortable. At their rates I knew I wouldn't be getting the Banff Springs, but I expected a room that wasn't uncomfortable.

The restaurant is at their sister property, the Banff Park Lodge, which is next door. The meals were fine and in fact dinner was quite nice. The hotel is in downtown Banff so you are close to shops and restaurants. If you decide to stay here make sure to ask for a room with a river view. One morning I saw two elk by the river bank which was a real treat.

Personally I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Been to Bow View Lodge? Share your experiences!