“wouldn't go back” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Banff Voyager Inn

You added Banff Voyager Inn to your Saves list
Banff Voyager Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   555 Banff Avenue, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1B5, Canada   |
Ranked #31 of 31 Hotels in Banff
Sedona, Arizona
“wouldn't go back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

showed up at 3:45 and was told our room was not ready although they had a vacancy sign outside. So after sending someone to check we finally got in 30 minutes latter. Lobby had threadbare chairs and the hallways had tears in the carpet. Our room showed its age. Noisy with pounding on the ceiling and water flushing.
Breakfast was spartan and messy

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights last week after getting a great price through Priceline. I was very concerned after reading reviews but went with an open mind. The positives were that they had a great complimentary breakfast, the beds were comfortable and we enjoyed the swimming pool and hot tub. The negatives are that it is far from the main part of town, they could do a better job cleaning (but really most hotels could!) and that the walls were paper thin. You could hear way too much from the other rooms and the doors close loudly. I probably wouldn't stay here again but if you are just looking for a comfortable inexpensive hotel I'd recommend it!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

In a drunken stupor I booked my hotel for the Slush Cup; unfortunately this meant I booked my room for the Saturday night, rather than the appropriate Sunday night. So when I showed up and was told I missed my reservation, it's needless to say I was butt hurt. Thankfully Ben was able to move my reservation without any additional charge!
When we got to our room we noted our key didn't work, they sent up a chap right away and after getting us into our room and changing our locks we shotgunned a beer together.
To say the staff at the Voyager is dope, would be a complete understatement.
(the rooms themselves are pretty low profile, as expected with the discounted price)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Powell River
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

We made this booking on-line with booking.com the day before we arrived. The hotel is excellent and the facilities very good. The staff were most helpful. The outdoor pool and hot tub are a great asset.

Room Tip: Excellent location in beautiful Banff.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We checked in and the Front Desk clerk was very fast and effecient with the whole heck in process. She was very knowledgeable and welcoming. The Hotel was very clean and welcoming. will recommend this hotel to all my family and friends

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Brandon, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

There is nothing overly special about this hotel. Basic rooms with basic décor. The complimentary breakfast very limited. If you are looking for a place to just crash for the night, this place would work. However, for a family trip I would suggest finding something else. Our first stay was on the weekend and the hotel was loud, walls thin, so family and I had to listen to the neighbors going at it for half the night and multiple load patron wandering up and down the hall. Our second stay was mid week, so hotel quieter as less people around. I guess in the end all I can say is if you pay for a 2/3 star hotel don't expect 5 star services or lodging.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
St Austell, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

I have stayed in a lot of hotels through my life and I will start by saying I have stayed in a lot worse for a lot more. Luxury this is not, would I come here for a romantic break?? no, definitely not. Would I come here for a 2 week family holiday…probably not, but for a crash pad after celebrating my sons 18th, or a couple of nights if skiing locally then yes! actually I would. Like I said, its not luxury, far from it, but it was clean (if a bit on the dusty side), the staff were friendly, the breakfast was ok, and the bar had character. Yes it was noisy at times, the artex on the ceiling was peeling a bit and the carpets were thread bare in places, but it had a good vibe about it, oh and it was pretty cheap and convenient for town. No hair dryer in room.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Banff Voyager Inn? Share your experiences!