Having read the reviews on here we were certainly wondering what the Time Share was going to be like.
As we pulled up in our RV you realise that this is not some huge resort, more cosy.
As for comments on here about poor reception staff I have no idea who they were talking about, we were met by 3 well presented, friendly and very helpful people. In fact all the way through our stay the reception staff have been great, even at 3am in the morning when some ignorant guest with a huge motor home decided to start his generator, staff were quick to respond and got him off site.
We had a 2 bedroom unit over the road, these are the non renovated units, yes they are a little old, nothing major to worry about though.
The units have a large kitchen, ample space for 4 people and plenty of places to store everything. They may not have the latest flat screen TV's or air conditioning but you don't come to the Rockies to watch TV, and if you have to then TV still works.
The WiFi to a lot of people is essential and is very good.
The BAR staff...well what to say............A fantastic bunch of people, all with a smile and a cheery hello when you go in, these guys and girls are from all around the world so take 5 minutes to speak to them, you get back what you put in with people we find.
The bar staff and chef I was speaking to have a lot of enthusiasm for this place and some good ideas, i.e. make the bar into a proper sports bar, as they say this resort is the 1st place anyone see's coming off the highway so make it more appealing.
Everybody else on site was as friendly as these guys and always spoke.
The pool / sauna area needs a bit of freshening up and having the laundry access through the bar area is either genius or really strange depending on your opinion, personally I would lose it or move it.
This place certainly has potential and I would be more than willing to stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Banff Rocky Mountain Hotel Banff
- Banff Rocky Mountain Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the meaning of a mountain getaway at Banff Rocky Mountain Resort, a relaxing retreat in the heart of Banff National Park. Ideally set amid eight acres of private parkland and surrounded by the glorious scenery of Canada’s oldest national park, while just minutes from downtown Banff, the Banff Rocky Mountain Resort’s breathtaking location and extensive amenities are certain to provide a casual and memorable stay in the Canadian Rockies. •Indoor 15m swimming pool•Indoor and Outdoor hot tub•171 well appointed rooms with configurations to suit everyone•Mountain Health and Fitness Club with full gym, sauna and massage therapy•Tennis and squash courts•Onsite Laundry Facilities•Free parking and wired or wireless internet access•Complimentary shuttle to downtown Banff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Otel, Travelocity, Olotels, HotelTravel.com and Tingo so you can book your Banff Rocky Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.