1)Underground parking (VERY tight squeeze, though, I wouldn't bring a truck or bigger SUV)
2) Fabulous all included hot breakfast (this saves the hotel)
3) Comfortable beds (but awful pillows)
4) Great location (walking distance to downtown shops and resturants)
1) The room was SOOOO HOT!! They do not have a/c in the rooms and it was hot, hot, hot!! It felt like the middle of summer but it was below zero at night.(march in Alberta is still winter, people) We had to sleep with the balcony window open and both fans going. (they leave you filthy, old fans on the floor behind the door) I complained 4 times of the heat (once at 3am) and they said, "Oh...it's warm?" "I will check the boiler system." We never heard anything back. I had the worst sleeps of my life and my son has to sleep in nothing but a diaper. In the day, we would leave the door open with the fan blowing the hallway a/c into our room. There is NO air circulation in this room - I wish I had noticed the other reviews that said this - I HATE SLEEPING IN A HOT STUFFY ROOM!! I could not imagine staying here in the summer. SERIOUSLY, PTARMIGAN INVEST IN SOME AIR CONDITIONING IF YOUR ROOMS HAVE SUCH POOR AIR CIRCULATION.
2) Filthy bathroom. There were old pee stains around the rim of the toilet, I felt like I needed to wear shoes in there. I can only imagine what the floor was like in the main area but it's hard to tell as it's carpet. But, i think the dried blood stains on the pillow cases was a good enough sign. Also, our "room/cleaning service" was poor. They made the beds, stocked the towels and left coffee. They did not clear away dirty dishes or wipe spilt coffee off the table or toothpaste off the bathroom counter
3) There was a flat screen tv in our room but the cable was broken at the back which made the TV fuzzy, I asked for it to be fixed....nothing.
4) Service was awful. The `bartender` (female) spent more time flirting with the 18 year olds doing shooters than serving us food or drinks. Everytime I called the front desk it took at least 4 eperate calls to have someone pick up the phone and they acted like none of my complaints were valid. (serioulsy, acting like you don`t know my room was HOT)?! The one man even said, "OH, I haven't gotten any other complaint".B.S!
5) Small rooms. We stayed in the "premium split room" so our 2 year old could have his own bed/area and, while the layout was nice, it's nothing like the blue print shows. His bed was right against the door and our's was practically touching the small table & chair & TV desk.
6) This hotel is for young adults looking to ski. That's it. The front entrance is nice but the room's definitely don't make you feel 'pleasantly surprised'. Not good for romance or a family. You will NOT want to spend time in your hotel room when it's hot, stuffy and only has a view of the parking lot/ hotel next door. This is clearly a party hotel especially with the old silly string stuck to the ceiling and cigarette burns in the window curtains.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Welcome home and thank you for taking the time to write a review. Thank you so much for your constructive feedback, I have spoken with all the relevant department heads and we are working diligently to insure that the issues you had do not repeat themselves. As mentioned in previous responses we are hoping to renovate the hotel in the future which will fix most of the issues you had, unfortunately due to our prime location so close to downtown we are surrounded by residential housing and other hotels. We are very pleased you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and have passed your comments onto our restaurant manager. Thank you again for all your feedback and we look forward to your next stay.
Report response as inappropriate
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.