1)Underground parking (VERY tight squeeze, though, I wouldn't bring a truck or bigger SUV)
2) Fabulous all included hot breakfast (this saves the hotel)
3) Comfortable beds (but awful pillows)
4) Great location (walking distance to downtown shops and resturants)
1) The room was SOOOO HOT!! They do not have a/c in the rooms and it was hot, hot, hot!! It felt like the middle of summer but it was below zero at night.(march in Alberta is still winter, people) We had to sleep with the balcony window open and both fans going. (they leave you filthy, old fans on the floor behind the door) I complained 4 times of the heat (once at 3am) and they said, "Oh...it's warm?" "I will check the boiler system." We never heard anything back. I had the worst sleeps of my life and my son has to sleep in nothing but a diaper. In the day, we would leave the door open with the fan blowing the hallway a/c into our room. There is NO air circulation in this room - I wish I had noticed the other reviews that said this - I HATE SLEEPING IN A HOT STUFFY ROOM!! I could not imagine staying here in the summer. SERIOUSLY, PTARMIGAN INVEST IN SOME AIR CONDITIONING IF YOUR ROOMS HAVE SUCH POOR AIR CIRCULATION.
2) Filthy bathroom. There were old pee stains around the rim of the toilet, I felt like I needed to wear shoes in there. I can only imagine what the floor was like in the main area but it's hard to tell as it's carpet. But, i think the dried blood stains on the pillow cases was a good enough sign. Also, our "room/cleaning service" was poor. They made the beds, stocked the towels and left coffee. They did not clear away dirty dishes or wipe spilt coffee off the table or toothpaste off the bathroom counter
3) There was a flat screen tv in our room but the cable was broken at the back which made the TV fuzzy, I asked for it to be fixed....nothing.
4) Service was awful. The `bartender` (female) spent more time flirting with the 18 year olds doing shooters than serving us food or drinks. Everytime I called the front desk it took at least 4 eperate calls to have someone pick up the phone and they acted like none of my complaints were valid. (serioulsy, acting like you don`t know my room was HOT)?! The one man even said, "OH, I haven't gotten any other complaint".B.S!
5) Small rooms. We stayed in the "premium split room" so our 2 year old could have his own bed/area and, while the layout was nice, it's nothing like the blue print shows. His bed was right against the door and our's was practically touching the small table & chair & TV desk.
6) This hotel is for young adults looking to ski. That's it. The front entrance is nice but the room's definitely don't make you feel 'pleasantly surprised'. Not good for romance or a family. You will NOT want to spend time in your hotel room when it's hot, stuffy and only has a view of the parking lot/ hotel next door. This is clearly a party hotel especially with the old silly string stuck to the ceiling and cigarette burns in the window curtains.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- - Located on Banff Avenue, one short block from downtown Banff- Includes Full buffet breakfast with a made to order omelette station- Indoor hot tubs, sauna, steam and fitness equipment- The Meatball Pizza and Pasta- 134 cozy hotel rooms- The Sundance and Atrium function rooms for small to mid-size - meetings/receptions- Complimentary wireless internet access in all guest rooms- Heated underground parkade with free parking (first come basis)- Complimentary Roam Bus passes for the Banff transit system. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelTravel.com and Odigeo so you can book your Banff Ptarmigan Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banff Ptarmigan Hotel Banff
- Ptarmigan Inn Banff