We spent two nights here and here are the pros and cons of our time there:
- the fridge in our room was not working and the person who came to look at it said "I can't do anything about this"... The room booking stated they have a fridge in the room. This was inconvenient because we have brought food items that needed to be refrigerated
- around 1 am there were several people in the hallway banging on a door and yelling. We phoned the front desk and after 20 minutes the commotion stopped. The staff responded and dealt with the situation professionally.
- I knew this before booking, but I wish there was a continental breakfast.
- location! The hotel is not right in the heart of downtown but it is right at the edge making this very convenient! There is a Safeway (grocery store) right next to the hotel and they have a small shop in the lobby.
- our room was clean. We didn't have any issues with our room as it served all our needs
- they have a jacuzzi, steam room and dry sauna. We took advantage of this after a long day of snowshoeing.
- they have free coffee and tea in the lobby until 11 pm each day.
Overall, the price was pretty decent for the location and the value of this hotel. I would probably opt for another hotel in the area that has continental breakfast next time, for me personally. Again, you can't beat the location!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Low Cost Holidays and Odigeo so you can book your Banff International Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.