“Super location, comfort rooms, complimentary parking :-)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Banff International Hotel

Save Saved
You added Banff International Hotel to your Saves list
Banff International Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   333 Banff Avenue | Box 1040, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1B1, Canada   |
Ranked #28 of 31 Hotels in Banff
Quebec City, Canada
“Super location, comfort rooms, complimentary parking :-)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

I stayed to this hotel for business and enjoyed it very much. The location is excellent at a walking distance of all shops and restaurants on Banff ave. The complimentary parking was appreciated too!

My major expectations when booking a hotel are a clean and silent room and comfortable bed and this is exactly what I got and at the price paid ($99), it was good value. I recommend this hotel to travellers to Banff. Complimentary wi-fi was a great feature too but I found it quite slow...

There is no air conditionning so in summer, rooms may be hot. I was there in February with heat at 0 and it was hot during the night. Good thing, the windows can be opened so this was not a big issue. I also think nights may be cool in summer there with the mountains surrounding.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
bihguestservices, Front Office Manager at Banff International Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
Thank you for posting your comments on your stay with us. I am very happy that we met your expectations as a traveler. Since we changed to new beds and bedding within the last year, we have received many positive comments on the comfort of our beds. Regarding our free wi-fi, it is a great feature and we are looking into increasing the bandwidth as the number of guests who access it increases day by day. Overall, it is our intention to offer good value at a fair price, and we hope to do so again for you in the future should you come back this way.

Daren – Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Korean first
North Battleford, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

Stayed here over the February break 2012. Absolutely impressed with the place. Nice large hallways (might not seem important, but try hauling all you ski bags down a busy narrow one). The rooms were very clean and a good size. My only complaint would be the hot-tub, the chlorine was a little strong, it had my eyes watering after a couple minutes. Lots of room for parking underneath, and when they say 6'1" clearance,,they mean it. The absolute best part was the location, it doesn't get much closer to the down-town than this. We never did try the hotels resturant but it did have a nice lounge area and a pretty good selection on the menu.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
I read your review with pleasure and I thank you for posting it. I am happy that we impressed you with some of our most notable qualities - our fantastic location, our spacious facilities, and our very clean rooms. Thank you again. I will pass on your comment about the hot tub to our Maintenance Manager.

Lethbridge, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

I booked my stay for few weeks in advance to the Banff International Hotel and later read some reviews about the place. I was a little worried after reading what some people said say about and began to have low expectations for the hotel. Yet when we arrived to the hotel with my sister we were impressed with the great service and helpful advice given by the front desk people. After parking in the spacious underground parking lot we found our room (Premium Deluxe Guest Room) and we were THRILLED to discover a beautiful room with lots of room. I don't know if all the rooms look like ours but seriously this place was beautiful for what we paid for. We were on the top floor, looking over the entire town and great mountain view, beautiful furniture and bedding. Sure our room got a little warm but by evening things cooled off.
I would highly highly recommend staying here for it's perfect down town location and it's
Premium Deluxe Guest Room.

Room Tip: My room was room 603 which is usually the top floor room you see of the hotel with lots of windows...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
I thank you very much for posting your review. I am extremely pleased that we were able to “thrill” you. Our Premium Deluxe rooms are very good value with beautiful mountain views. They truly show off the beauty that is Banff. I will pass on your comments to the front desk staff as they are constantly striving to do what they did for you. Once again, thank you for the encouraging comments.

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

We booked a couple rooms here for a girls weekend and was extremely impressed to see that for the price of a regular double queen room we actually had 3 queen beds in one of the rooms and TONS of space for all our stuff. This was great with having 8 of us between 2 rooms. Also, the hotel is in a great location if your wanting to go out on the town. It's about a 3 block walk to get to any of the pubs/bars. I will definately stay here again!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Your comments are much appreciated and I thank you for taking time out of your day to post a review of our property. I am very happy that you enjoyed the spaciousness and comfort of our rooms. We strive to make our guests comfortable and we more than welcome you to stay again!

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

The rooms were spacious and very clean. The staff was welcoming and all in all our stay was very pleasant. One of the cleaning staff found our car keys and sent them back to us after she called us to confirm that they were ours. Very thoughtful.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the positive comments on your recent stay with us. I will pass on your warm remarks to our staff. We will do all that we can to ensure our guests have a great experience at our hotel in Banff. I look forward to welcoming you back should you stay in Banff again.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

My friends and I stayed here for 5 nights in Jan 2012.. We had an excellent time, just a short walk to the shops, staff were friendly and helpful, free parking, ski lockers, lovely rooms with comfortable beds and the biggest hot tub ever! Would stay here again!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night on the weekend in January 2012. For the cheap price of the room, we was very impressed! The king size bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom was a decent size. There is free underground parking offered, but unfortunately we drive a truck and would not fit. The staff were very accommodating and let us park right out front in the driveway of the hotel. The location of the hotel is perfect, a short walk from everything downtown. We would definitely stay here again. Ricky's (restaurant) is located in the hotel, and you can't go wrong with a cheap meal here. Definitely not fine dining, but good for breakfast or lunch for sure. Not sure about the pool or gym facilities as we did not visit these.

Room Tip: I believe we were in room 604. Not much of a view but didn't bother us.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Your comments are much appreciated. Our location is unbeatable and guests are commenting more and more on how comfy our beds are. Thank you. We also do all that we can to accommodate parking for guests. I hope that you will stay with us again and we look forward to offering you quality at a fair price in the Canadian Rockies.

Daren – Front Office Manager

Been to Banff International Hotel? Share your experiences!