“Very Nice!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Irwin's Mountain Inn

You added Irwin's Mountain Inn to your Saves list
Irwin's Mountain Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   429 Banff Avenue | Box 1198, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1B2, Canada   |
Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in Banff
Saskatoon
“Very Nice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2009

Very Good Value for the Money
Clean
Professional and Courteous Service
Spacious, well laid out rooms
I would definitely stay again

• Stayed September 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Sunderland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2009

Stayed at Irwins in the summer, great location for all types of activities. The staff here are superb. The housekeeping manager was fabulous, as were the other housing staff. The rooms are basic but very clean; you're getting a good deal for the price! The only negative comment I could make was when checking into Irwins the woman receptionist appeared uninterested and seemed unwilling to help me with my queries. Apart from that I give 5*!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
middleton, ns
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2009

When I came to Banff in early August I was looking to stay at a relatively inexpensive hotel, and Irwin's offered great rates. As I was paying an excellent price for my room (and free parking!), I was a bit wary of what the place would be like quality-wise. I was pleasantly surprised when I entered the lobby- it was comfortable and inviting, not to mention clean smelling, unlike some hotels that boast non-smoking and yet manage to smell like it through and through. The room I stayed in was clean, smelled pleasant, the bed sheets were fresh, and there was enough room for all my luggage and still lots of walking space! Plus the air conditioning was on when I entered so it was immediately refreshing after a long day travelling in the heat. All in all I couldnt not have asked for more in a hotel room.
When I checked in I got tickets for the continental breakfast, so the following morning I heading to the hotel restaurant, El Toro, but opted for ordering off the menu instead. I was again pleasantly surprised at the value of the breakfast menu- I love pancakes so I ordered the blueberry pancake plate for only $7, and they were the best pancakes I've ever had at a hotel, hands down. Even if I had wanted to eat elsewhere, Irwin's is only a short walk away from the town center, which was really convenient and saved a lot of driving or taking the bus.
The best part about my stay at Irwin's was the staff. They were friendly and kept my room nice and clean over the week and always made sure I had clean towels and clean glasses and were happy to help me with all my needs or questions. The staff at front desk treated me like a friend, making me feel more at home; I asked about events in town and at the banff center and when I returned they would ask me how the performance was or if I enjoyed my dinner. Since I was travelling alone it was nice to have someone to share my adventures with, besides friends on msn or over the phone.
Great rates, great food, great service, close to the town center; I reccomend Irwin's Mountain Inn to anyone vacationing in Banff!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
East Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2009

Irwin's is a great place to stay. It has a wonderful staff that is friendly and helpful, and beautiful rooms at competitive rates. It is an easy, 5-minute walk to town and the many tourist attractions,and the town bus stops right in front of it.There is delicious food at a restaurant right next door. My stay there was quiet and peaceful. I love the place!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2009

This hotel is in a great location, but badly needs to be refreshed in all areas, restaurant, rooms and all common areas.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
calgary
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2009

this hotel was despicable the staff was beyond rude and very unproffessional in their customer service skills. The hotel is run down, dumpy, the rooms are dirty with a bathroom sink in the middle of the room which makes no sense. This stay was so horrible i have actually gotten my company to boycott this chain horrible horrible horrible do not waste your time with this dump. Oh and one more thing the free complimentary breakfast is a choice between a banana and a bowl of fruit loops unbelievable!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
columbus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

The rooms where very clean and the atmosphere was fantastic, staff always very helpful and would go out of there way too help us with things to do!! its very close too down town we had our little dog with us and the staff are more than accomodating with pets all the staff seem to be dog crazy!! the hotel itself is very nice everything is well maintained and very cosy with a big sitting area in the reception for a day reading in the sun..

I will come back with my hubby and dog again

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Irwin's Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!