“Good value for an average hotel.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Irwin's Mountain Inn

You added Irwin's Mountain Inn to your Saves list
Irwin's Mountain Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   429 Banff Avenue | Box 1198, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1B2, Canada   |
Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in Banff
Whitby, Canada
“Good value for an average hotel.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Irwins is a very basic hotel. Totally acceptable if your goal is very basic lodging. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The inn was also surprisingly quiet. The inn does appear 'tired', definitely showing its age. However,it is fine for a few nights and if you only want a clean place to stay.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators!
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed here for 3 weeks. All the staff were so friendly. Matthew was so helpful and couldn't do enough to help us. The house staff clean the rooms to a very high standard. TOO many recommendations to list. Close to town. Facilities in room are great. Wi Fi great. We Will be back. Recommended highly. Kevin and Dee.

• Stayed December 2014
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed 1 night in this hotel with my family(my wife and 2 chilren).
Although Banff is not big to talk about the hotel's location, the hotel is located the start of the city. So, there is not traffic in the area.
There are 2 main problems with the hotel. First, the face washer was in the room not in washroom and it is the craziest one that I have ever seen.
Second, there is a hot tub in the hotel that it has not any seperate roof and it is shared with lobby. So, when arrive at hotel reception, there are swimming pool smell.
We were satisfied with the clean room.
I think there must be better hotels in Banff with the same price.
I really became disappointed with face washer in the room.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2014

I just stayed a week here and all the way from a great location, very quiet rooms and friendly and very helpful staff like Matt made our stay a wonderful experience. The room was very spacious and loved the fridge in our room. We will be back !

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
GM-IMI, General Manager at Irwin's Mountain Inn, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thanks so much for your most recent review. Our goal is to ensure that every guest leaves satisfied and that their stay is memorable for the right reasons. I will pass on the message to Matt of your gratitude. Our staff always strive to achieve great customer service alonge with being a trusted advisor. Thanks for remembering us in your review and for naming the special items that make a difference for your stay. I hope to see you again soon.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2014

I made my reservation last minute, right in the front desk and was extremely well greeted. The facility is extremely clean, some of the rooms have a beautiful mountain view, there is an elevator and there are people to help out with luggage. I had to switch rooms, and the hotel transferred all my belongings to the other room, extremely convenient! The only down side is that it does not have breakfast included, although there is a restaurant inside the hotel and the city center is a 5 minute walk away. Had a great time!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a mountain view.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
I thank you so much for your comments and review. We take all these reviews seriously and look at ways to make your stay better. I am so glad to hear our staff were helpful. They will be thrilled to know of the difference a helping hand made. Thanks again and I do hope you return soon to Banff. When you do, please book direct and see the savings. Our hope is to make every stay memorable and able to fit every budget.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2014

Short distance to downtown and grocery store, comfortable beds, clean rooms, friendly staff and good rates. I enjoyed my time there. I was thrilled that there are kettles available upon request so you can make a proper cup of tea instead of using the coffee maker.

Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for your most recent review. I am so happy that your stay was pleasing to you. I sure hope you return again soon and experience the beauty that is Banff. I am glad that the small touches of a kettle made the difference for your stay. We work hard on meeting these needs when we can. When you stay with us again, book direct and save. Our staff are happy to find you the best room to meet your needs.
Enderby, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2014

My wife and I recently spent a week in banff and we have stayed there a few times before as well. This was our first time staying at Irwins and it is by far the best place we have taken in. The family suite was perfect for us as we were traveling with our 4 month old. The room was quite, clean and updated with everything we needed. The thing that defines Irwins though is the staff, they were incredible!

Room Tip: Family Suite was excellent
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
I am so very glad that our staff and your stay met your expectations. It is such a pleasure to hear of your experience. Banff is a beautiful destination but as you described so much of that hinges on people who point you in the right direction. Thanks again for your review and I sure hope you return again soon. When you do, book direct and save.

Been to Irwin's Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!