“"My home from home... In Canada"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Irwin's Mountain Inn

Travelocity Expedia.com
Irwin's Mountain Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   429 Banff Avenue | Box 1198, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1B2, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
STANLEY CUP SPECIAL
Ranked #10 of 33 hotels in Banff
Whitehaven, United Kingdom
“"My home from home... In Canada"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

The staff are all super friendly, so much so that I even made really good friends with them myself. They are always helpful and just as excited about being in Banff as you are.
The rooms are great too, they have a lot of room considering how much ski stuff me and my friends brought with us, and very clean. The WiFi connection is a bit tempermemtal, but considering its free you can't really complain.
Also, if your feeling a bit beaten after a day skiing/boarding on the mountains, there is a sauna and hot tub to sooth you.
If your feeling hungry, there is also a restaurant attached to the hotel, which serves delicious food.

I absolutely would stay here again, and I wouldn't hesitate to suggest it to others.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
GM-IMI, General Manager at Irwin's Mountain Inn, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
I am super pleased to hear about your stay with us in Banff. Our staff are amazing and I am very thankful that they made an impact on you. That is our hope and they are most pleased to see a review like this that highlights their efforts. I am enthused that our hotel and it's ammenities met your requirements. Yes, I agree, Wifi can be a bit tricky with such high volume and useage, but really, many of us are coming to unplug from that and enjoy the sights and sounds that make Banff a world class destination. My apologies for the gliches in that area. Our hope is that you will return and enjoy El Toro and it's marvelous menu. Thanks for your kind words to us and we take these reviews very seriously. Cheers to you and safe travels.

299 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Hofheim
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

This is a very reasonable place to stay in Banff. Everything was fine, although nothing really to remember. The room was good, except for the washbasin which is not in the bathroom but in the main room. Wifi is free, but was sometimes unstable. Breakfast is not provided, and the adjacent restaurant (which is under different management) does serve breakfast, but is expensive as it charges for every item separately, so we ended up going to Starbucks.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
I would like to take the time to address some incorrect information surrounding breakfast. El Toro has been in Banff for the last 40 years and has served a memorable dinner and is considered one of Banff's top breakfast locations. The meals are very reasonably priced and our survey's indicate that serving a healthy and warm breakfast meets the needs of our guest far better than a cold self serve breakfast. Thank you for your comments, however, I wanted to point out that matching prices in Banff, El Toro is of the most reasonable for the content that is served. Cheers.
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We had a 2 night stay during the second week of October. The property is well located on Banff Ave with only a ten minute walk into the town centre. Check in was prompt and efficient. Parking is however poor at best. Very limited if your vehicle is too big for underground parking. The decor in the common areas is worn and dated, but the rooms themselves appear to have been recently decorated and are more than acceptable. Comfortable beds, and nice warm powerful shower. Excellent value compared to other properties which are substantially more expensive. We would not hesitate to stay here again if we were chasing this price point in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your most recent review upon your stay with us. The Irwin's Mountain Inn has been in Banff since 1967. It is family owned and operated. The free parking is a rare treat in Banff as it is not always the norm. Our rooms are comfortable, clean and decorated to reflect the mountain atmosphere. I do hope to see you again upon your return to the Banff area. I am glad you found your way to us and the price was right. Cheers.
Saskatoon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed three nights this past Labour Day weekend. I had found an online price that was relatively reasonable ($164 per night I think), and the hotel honoured that offer when I booked direct. The room was a pleasant surprise when we arrived. It was a queen deluxe, with two beds, a nice kitchenette, and a vaulted ceiling. It was spacious and seemed quite clean. Not a lot of amenities offered, but there was underground parking and a nice big jacuzzi and sauna. One of my few complaints was that this room closed unreasonably early, at nine p.m. I believe. Location of the hotel was great, being reasonable walking distance from downtown. Staff were helpful and friendly, and though the hotel shows some wear and tear, the cleaning and maintenance staff seem to do a good job. We would stay again without hesitation if visiting Banff.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thanks Kindly for your most recent review. I am so very glad that we met your expectations during your stay. I am so glad you took advantage of the ammenities that are offered here at the Inn. It is our goal that you leave with a return stay in mind. Thanks again for staying with us and come again soon.
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

My boyfriend and I decided to try Irwin's Mountain Inn for the Thanksgiving long weekend. We have stayed at many hotels in Banff but never Irwin's before. We got a great deal online so thought this was a great opportunity to try. We had a very pleasurable stay.

Our room was spacious, comfortable and clean. We were situated on the main floor 2 rooms down from the hot tub and outside our window was a walkway and then the hostel. I was worried that it would be a noisy room and it wasn't at all. There were a few times that I heard loud people in the hallway but they were loud enough that I would have heard them through a castle wall.

The front desk was friendly. We did not get a chance to eat at their restaurant but may try it in the future.

There was underground parking with VERY low ceiling but my Ford Escape just fit!

The location is great as it is a short walk to the main area.

We would definitely choose this hotel again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
GM-IMI, General Manager at Irwin's Mountain Inn, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Good day and thank you so very much for your most honest review. I am so pleased you discoverd us and more importantly that your stay with us was a pleasant surprise. That is our hope for every guest. I am so glad you enjoyed the Hot Tub and the clean and spacious rooms. I will be sure to pass on your comments to our staff who are ready and willing to help at a moments notice. Thank you again for staying with us and I sure hope it will turn into a return stay soon. Cheers to you and best of travels in your future.
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stayed in this hotel over Thanksgiving long weekend 2013. Hotel is in a great location. Only about a 10 minute walk to the center of downtown. When we arrived to check in there was only one clerk behind the desk and he was on the phone for about 10-15 minutes while we waited to be helped. It would have been nice if he put the phone call on hold so we could check in after the 4 hour drive there. The rooms were nice. Very comfortable beds and spacious. The bathroom was small and awkwardly shaped but overall good. Poor sound proofing. In the mornings we could hear the cleaning staff and kids running around above us. Cleaning staff was very helpful and willing to give us anything we needed Underground parking was convenient. Overall I would stay at this hotel again mostly for the nice beds and good location.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Let me start by apologizing for your Front Desk experience. I am so sorry that you were left feeling unattended to. That is never our intent here but it is clear that you experienced that. Please accept my apologies. What is good is the redemptive portion of your stay. I am very glad that comfort and Housekeeping service met your standards. Our team takes these issues seriously and I am hoping you will come back and experience a much better introduction to our typically warm and welcoming hotel. Thanks for your honesty and I look forward to a much better feedback review from you in the future. Cheers and thanks for your comments.
Richmond Hill, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We had a nice two nights' stay at this hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel was in a very good location. The room was nice, I believe we were on the third floor and had a patio. We were facing Banff Avenue and were over the El Toro restaurant area. We were woken up a couple of times during the night by noise outside the front of the hotel. The noises were probably coming through the air conditioner wall unit. This may be a problem if you're staying here during the busier periods of the year.

Other than that, a good stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
I sure would like to thank you for your feedback to us. I am sorry you experience the noise of the bustle of Banff Avenue. The busy summer season can bring some of that as Banff is so absolutely full during this season. My apologies all the same for the noise through the air conditioner. I do want to point out that we are one of only a few hotels in town with Air Conditioning which in Banff is a true premium. I am glad that on the whole your experience with us was positive with staff and comfort. Our spacious 65 rooms are a true treasure and treat for the traveller at any time of year. We do promise comfort and cleanliness. We have worked real hard to make that a true experience from Check In to Check out. Our desk is open 24 hours a day so if any issues arise we are there to make it right. Thanks for staying with us and I do hope you come again really soon.

Been to Irwin's Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!