“Great stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Irwin's Mountain Inn

Save Saved
You added Irwin's Mountain Inn to your Saves list
Irwin's Mountain Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   429 Banff Avenue | Box 1198, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1B2, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #10 of 33 hotels in Banff
UK
“Great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a great 11 night stay with friends. This is our 7th trip to Banff and this hotel is in a great location not too far from town. We were upgraded to a double queen suite from a double queen room as our friends were in a family suite and we requested to be near to them for convenience, and so that the children were not chasing around the hotel when moving from one room to the other. The room was quite large with loveLy views towards Sulphur Mountain. It was clean and the beds were very comfortable. The only downside was we could have done with a little more hanging room or a few hooks for our jackets, but it in no way detracted from our stay. The staff were super friendly, very accommodating and were lovely with the children. The El Toro restaurant downstairs served great food both at breakfast and in the evening. We would have eaten there a few more times if they had served children's portions, but the meals we did take were first class.
I'm sure we will return to Banff again and will definitely book here again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
GM-IMI, General Manager at Irwin's Mountain Inn, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
I would like to take the time to thank you for your kind review of our property. I am so very glad we met your expectations. El Toro is a fantastic restaurant with incredible food selection and presentation and portions that will keep you coming back. They are truly the best in Banff for breakfast and dinner. Our rooms are spacious and I am so very glad you noticed our recently renovated rooms. We worked hard to create a warm and inviting atmosphere that is perfect for family and friends. I am glad you experienced the upgrade and I welcome your return back very soon. Thanks again for your kind words and your most positive review.

341 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Calgary, Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Irwin's Mountain Inn was great! We stayed here for one night in April 2013 and wished we had been able to stay here for longer. The rooms was large, clean, comfortable, and updated and the hotel as a whole was very nice. There was a small gym downstairs as well as a nice hot tub to use too. The hotel is right on Banff Avenue and just a 5 minute walk into the heart of town. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Banff... though we did get a terrific deal on the hotel (paid about $75 for the night) and I don't know what the regular price is.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
GM-IMI, General Manager at Irwin's Mountain Inn, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Wow! It's terrific when I see a review like this spelling out the strengths of our hotel and ammenities. Thanks so much for staying with us and I sure hope you return again soon for a repeat stay. All the best in your travels. Much appreciation.
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Was very happy with this hotel. Nice clean quiet rooms with a beautiful hot tub. Good restaurant attached that has $5.99 bacon, eggs, hash browns special in the morning before you hit the hill. Safe place to lock up your ski's at night. good location to walk into town. staff were friendly and accommodated special requests. Thanks for the nice stay

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you kindly for your review. We are so very proud of our partnership with the El Toro Restaurant. Our hotel has partnered with them for over 33 years in Banff. They are a wonderful restaurant that showcases a quality breakfast and a quality dinner tha does not compare anywhere in Banff. I am so glad you enjoyed the special breakfast and I do hope you come back again very soon.
Cheers,
GM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Like the hot tub very clean feels good after a day of skiing. Room very big and Clean too. Service Excellent. Food is good lots of parking for pick up trucks. Lots of info about the town of banff. Close walk to the night life and Safeway for munches.

• Stayed March 2013
Thanks so very much for your feedback. I'm so glad your stay was pleasurable. Yes the access to the downtown life of Banff is fantastic. Our hot tub ammenity is a hit at this time of year. We keep our tub nice and toasty so that everyone walks out relaxed and refreshed after a long day on the hill or a long hike or a day of shopping.
I do hope you folks return again soon. Thanks for your honest review.
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This was the best hotel i have stayed at in banff the staff are great the rooms are clean and it has the cleanest public hot tub i have seen in banff. for the price you cant beat it!! The location is good not to far so it is a long walk down town but far enough away that it is nice and quiet. The last time I came here I stayed at the banff aspen lodge and the staff were rude and not accommodating at all they could have cared less that we were staying at there hotel but not at the Irwin I felt like they actually appreciated our business. wich after staying a week and spending that much money you want to feel welcome when you walk thru the front door not like you are a burden. The only bad part of my experience was I did not have a good view but not having a reservation that is more my fault than anything.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Good Day and thank you so much for your honest feedback. We have tried so hard to make our hotel exactly what guests are looking for. Strong customer service, simple touches and common areas that are memorable. Our hot tub and sauna are meant for the skier or family. It's the perfect place to wind down after a long day out on the town. Thanks for your most honest feedback. Cheers and do come again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We were incredibly surprised with this hotel. Our room was massive and very clean, the TV was modern and great (important for me!), the internet was really fast, and the beds were comfortable.

We had stayed at other hotels in Banff that cost a bit more, and in my opinion this one is just as good, if not better.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your review and your honest feedback. We have worked so hard to get our rooms to be simple yet able to deal with the new technologies that have come our way. Our flat screens are big and our WIFI is free and strong. And our rooms are clean and spacious. Thanks so much for your review and I hope to see you areound here again very soon.
Saskatoon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Prior to staying at Irwin's in Banff my wife and I stayed in Calgary at the Hyatt downtown. Though the two hotels are in totally different classes I found Irwin's just as good and even better in some ways. We had a room with a large jacuzzi tub and my first thought was we paid less in Banff for a far nicer room.

There was also something else that really impressed me. There was a fairly loud guest down the hall and I was about to call security as it was quite late. Before I could do so security came up and dealt with the noisy guests in a very respectful but firm manner to the relief of myself and my wife. You really find out the quality of a hotel when the staff have to respond to a bad situation.

I can't think of anything I would recommend; Irwin's is first rate!

Room Tip: I've stayed at Irwin's about five times now and every floor was great but the room with the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
I'd like to take this time to thank you for your kind review. I am so very thankful for your positive feedback on our property and I am so very grateful that you have spoken so highly of your experiences here in Banff. I am so glad your stay with us was good. And I do look forward to seeing you here again in beautiful Banff. With Sincerity.

Been to Irwin's Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!