“Great location, Beautiful area!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Irwin's Mountain Inn

Save Saved
You added Irwin's Mountain Inn to your Saves list
Irwin's Mountain Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   429 Banff Avenue | Box 1198, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1B2, Canada   |
Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Banff
Brecon, United Kingdom
“Great location, Beautiful area!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

We stayed here for the first 3 nights of our 2 week road trip through the Rockies. We arrived at the hotel where the lady at reception had everything ready for us and we wer swiftly checked in. We were led to the first room around the corner from reception and our hearts sank... we instantly thought 'this is going to be noisy' with everyone having to come passed our room, but we were pleasently surprised. We didn't hear any of the people passing outside our room, and the hot tub was right opposite our room.
The room was clean and cosy, and even though our window led to a view of the hostel next door, the view of the mountains behind the hotel to the left more than made up for it.
The breakfast in the restaurant next door was amazing! I had a breakfast burrito and didn't need anything to eat till that evening! And the view from the window of the mountains is comething to behold!The evening meals are very yummy too.
The location is brilliant. Far enough away from the noise and bustle in the centre of the town, but the 2 minute walk into centre Banff is beautiful... we spent the first couple of days staring up at the huge, beautiful mountains all around.
I hope I will get the chance to return to Banff again, and Irwin's would be my first choice of accomodation. Thank you.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
GM-IMI, General Manager at Irwin's Mountain Inn, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thanks so much for your feedback to us. I am so pleased we met your expectations of staying with us. Please come back again soon and Banff is so wonderful to come to at any time of year. I wish you well in your future travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Stayed here with a medium-sized group of friends, and had a pretty good time overall. We were treated very well, with excellent staff who gave us directions, held baggage, and helped out in many ways. The rooms were spacious and clean with many amenities, and had a nice view. The only slight problem was the people sleeping in the bed closest to the door said that the noise carried from the hallway, making it hard to not to be woken up multiple times. We walked the whole trip and didn't need to drive, mostly due to this place being close to everything in Banff that we wanted to see!
Otherwise, this was a great place and experience, and I would recommend it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thanks for your great feedback to us. It helps us to improve every guests stay. Our staff are ready and able to serve you and they work hard at keeping guests content and finding great sights and sounds in Banff for you to see. We are only 2 blocks from downtown which makes us the perfect location. Not too close and not to far. Park and walk! So many sights and sounds to make your stay a pleasurable one. Thanks again for staying with us. Please come again soon.
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

It was way better than I was expecting. I went with my family in the Summer and I know that it is pretty difficult to find a good rate and good location in this time but I could find both in the Irwins.
I stayed for 5 days. The housekeepers were always ready to help with our necessities.
In the reception people were very friendly and I don't have any complains.
It was a really good choice. I'll be glad to come back there on day and recommend it. :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thanks so much for your great feedback! I am so pleased we met your expectations of staying with us. Our housekeeping staff is excellent and our desk staff is ready to serve you. Our goal is make every guest want to return and our hope is that this little get away is a memory made for years to come. Thanks again for your great feedback. We are grateful.
Medicine Hat, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

A quiet hotel right on the edge of town within easy walking distance of the shops and restaurants of Banff. This was a family trip, the inn was reasonably priced with comfortable accomodation which is starting to look slightly dated but was clean and well presented. The only down side was the lack of a bar or lounge area, there is reastaurant ajoining but nowhere really to relax in the evening. That said it is only a short walk to local bars and restaurants. My gratitude goes out to the staff who found a lost gift I had purchased and held it for me until I returned 3 weeks later. Thankyou.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thanks so much for your most helpful feedback. It is our goal to help wherever we can. I am so pleased the gift was returned to you in short order. The El Toro is a great restaurant and lounge to unwind in from a long day. The food is second to none and the service is outstanding. Our housekeeping staff and desk staff are always ready to help in a moments notice. I'm so pleased you had a great stay with us. Come again soon.
Red Deer
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Simply the best place to stay in Banff.
I've stayed in other places when I travel there (I travel a lot for business) and this is the best in many ways.
The front desk staff is not only friendly but attentive, asking if I need help or directions and anything special while in town.
The food in the Toro restaurant was excellent, especially the eggs benedict with salmon for breakfast.
There are seveal thoughtful touches, small things like the key drop box at the door to the underground parking in case you forget to leave the key upstairs.
The room was large, quiet, comfortable, and gave me plenty of room to spread out and work.
Great place!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
I am so thrilled we met your expectations on staying with us here in Banff. Our staff remembers the small touches that make a stay comfortable and convenient and I am so pleased that they engaged your every question and need. That is our highest achievement. I do hope you join us again and please stay with us real soon.
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel in October 2012. The hotel is small but quiet, I dont think there was many people staying there during our 3 day stay. The underground parking is great but is a tight fit as are the hallways in the building. Our room (350) was a jacuzzi suite which had a pretty good mountain view, but also faced several apartment/condo building across the street. The room was a good size and bed comfortable and clean. I didn't like that the bathroom was located right next to the bed. The other negative was the large window over the patio door did not have blackout drapes and the sun would beam in early in the morning.

It was awesome that this hotel allows dogs and for only $10/night. The attached restaurant (El Toro) was delicious and quiet. It is only a 2 minute walk to the downtown shops. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for your feedback to us. I am so pleased we met your expectations of staying with us. The Honeymoon suite is one of our fondest and most requested rooms. The mountain view is outstanding and our jacuzzi tub in the room is a great little touch to relax and unwind in. I hope you come and join us again soon. Thanks for your feedback.
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I traveled to this hotel with a group of buddies for a ski trip and the hotel was great. We had a large room that had a pullout couch, separate room, another queen bed, small mini kitchen with large fridge and microwave and large bathroom. The staff however where very unprofessional when it came to dealing with problems but they were young guys. The crowd that was staying at the hotel were young people so it was easy to make friends. The restaurant was good as well. For the price i would stay at this hotel again in a minute!

Room Tip: As for an upgrade upon checking into the hotel.