“Best place to stay in Banff!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Irwin's Mountain Inn

Save Saved
You added Irwin's Mountain Inn to your Saves list
Irwin's Mountain Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   429 Banff Avenue | Box 1198, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1B2, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #10 of 33 hotels in Banff
Red Deer
“Best place to stay in Banff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Simply the best place to stay in Banff.
I've stayed in other places when I travel there (I travel a lot for business) and this is the best in many ways.
The front desk staff is not only friendly but attentive, asking if I need help or directions and anything special while in town.
The food in the Toro restaurant was excellent, especially the eggs benedict with salmon for breakfast.
There are seveal thoughtful touches, small things like the key drop box at the door to the underground parking in case you forget to leave the key upstairs.
The room was large, quiet, comfortable, and gave me plenty of room to spread out and work.
Great place!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GM-IMI, General Manager at Irwin's Mountain Inn, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
I am so thrilled we met your expectations on staying with us here in Banff. Our staff remembers the small touches that make a stay comfortable and convenient and I am so pleased that they engaged your every question and need. That is our highest achievement. I do hope you join us again and please stay with us real soon.

325 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel in October 2012. The hotel is small but quiet, I dont think there was many people staying there during our 3 day stay. The underground parking is great but is a tight fit as are the hallways in the building. Our room (350) was a jacuzzi suite which had a pretty good mountain view, but also faced several apartment/condo building across the street. The room was a good size and bed comfortable and clean. I didn't like that the bathroom was located right next to the bed. The other negative was the large window over the patio door did not have blackout drapes and the sun would beam in early in the morning.

It was awesome that this hotel allows dogs and for only $10/night. The attached restaurant (El Toro) was delicious and quiet. It is only a 2 minute walk to the downtown shops. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for your feedback to us. I am so pleased we met your expectations of staying with us. The Honeymoon suite is one of our fondest and most requested rooms. The mountain view is outstanding and our jacuzzi tub in the room is a great little touch to relax and unwind in. I hope you come and join us again soon. Thanks for your feedback.
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I traveled to this hotel with a group of buddies for a ski trip and the hotel was great. We had a large room that had a pullout couch, separate room, another queen bed, small mini kitchen with large fridge and microwave and large bathroom. The staff however where very unprofessional when it came to dealing with problems but they were young guys. The crowd that was staying at the hotel were young people so it was easy to make friends. The restaurant was good as well. For the price i would stay at this hotel again in a minute!

Room Tip: As for an upgrade upon checking into the hotel.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Thanks so very much for your feedback. I appreciate the helpful hints and I appreciate the honesty. Our 65 room hotel is the perfect hotel for a short term or long term guest. The hotel is perfect for the skier and avid snowboarder. We are only 2 short blocks from downtown and the El Toro Restaurant is the perfect touch for breakfast or dinner. Come again soon and thanks for your encouragement.
Westlock, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Not only are their prices reasonable, but the rooms are a good size too. We like how it's down aways from the downtown noise, but not to far too walk. There's a grocery store just a short walk away. The staff are always friendly. Only thing is, to make this place perfect is, we wish they could offer a complementary breakfast.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for your great feedback! I love to hear about a great stay and I love to hear that our staff was eager and ready to serve you. El Toro is so very reasonable for breakfast and the quality of food will kick down any free breakfast service any other hotel will provide. I assure you, you will not be disappointed. Thanks for your staying with us and I hope you come again real soon.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Yes this hotel and rooms are a bit dated, however it is great value, and in a good location in banff. Nice short stroll into the shops etc. The rooms are very clean and tidy, and we had a double queen room which was a really good size. I'd recommend to stay here as it is good value for money

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks so very much for your most honest feedback. Our 65 room property is nestled right in the heart of Banff. We are only 2 blocks away from Downtown. Our FREE parking, FREE wifi, FREE hot tub, sauna and work out facility make it hard to beat. Our clean and modern rooms will meet the needs of any traveler. Our roomy and spacious suites are perfect for a group of you staying with us. Please stay with us again real soon.
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

El Toro Restaurant is excellent, many amenities but laundry is expensive (cost me 10,25$ for one complete wash and dry), hot tub is nice and clean, although it's located in the reception. (!) Service was more than perfect, nice staff, felt really welcoming. Do highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2012
Regina, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I recently spent four nights at Irwin's, and found the staff to be very friendly, and the room to be very clean and comfortable. My room had a mini fridge, sink, and coffee maker also, which were nice to have, as I could make my own breakfast and lunch instead of dining out. The beds are newer and good quality also, with nice duvets. There was also a nice, clean hot tub on the main floor to soak your sore muscles after a good hike! (They have a sauna as well, but I didn't use it.) Also, the restaurant attached to the hotel won an award for the best breakfast in Banff, so if you don't want to eat in your room, that would be a good option. Overall, I would say this hotel is an excellent value, with helpful staff, and clean, comfortable rooms. I would stay there again without any question and recommend it to others.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Irwin's Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!