“Very good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wild Flour- Banff's Artisan Bakery Cafe

Wild Flour- Banff's Artisan Bakery Cafe
102, 211 Bear Street | In the Bison Courtyard, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta, Canada (Formerly Wild Flour)
403.760.5074
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #31 of 122 restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Bakery, Café, Brew Pub
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Description: Here artisan bread is hand-crafted the traditional way with long fermentation periods, careful hand shaping and small batch baking. When the sun is rising behind the mountain tops, our organic loaves are just coming out of the oven, along with freshly baked pastries and other tasty treats. All of our offerings are made with locally-sourced and all-natural ingredients.Whether for breakfast, lunch, or the in-between snack, everyone can find something to fuel their day in Banff at Wild Flour! Vegan, Vegetarian, gluten-free and raw options are always available.Our Specialty coffees are organic, fair-trade and served in a ceramic mug that invites you to stay in the warm bakery atmosphere. If you are keen to get out and explore the national park, know that our take-out packaging is made from biodegradable, compostable, and recycled materials.In the evening, you may well find a unique community event hosted at Wild Flour. We regularly feature local and visiting musicians, poetry readings, conversation cafes, and even custom calzone nights in the outdoor wood-fired oven.Twitter & Instagram: WildFlourBanff
Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Great Breakfast and coffee. We had muffins, breafast sandwhich, coffee, and tea. All were great. Free Internet is a plus. We will stop again when in Banff.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

78% Recommend
“Amazing breakfast sandwich!- BEST EVAR!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Super busy, so getting a seat can be tough. The food is clearly the reason the crowds are there. Amazing Mexican hot chocolate-dark chocolate & chili, so very tasty its a shame you can't buy it by the gallon(liter) and a breakfast sandwich that I came back for two mornings in a row. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend to family and friends.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
los angeles
“breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I ate here for three of the four days I was in Banff. They have gluten free items but better the food is just freshly cooked with good ingredients. The hot chocolate comes in different milk selections too. I had the breakfast sandwich, the gluten free granola and a grilled cheese. There was too much cheese in the grilled cheese, a switch from most places, but it was overwhelming and I had to take some out. Maybe ask for one slice less.

Visited October 2013
A TripAdvisor Member
“Should never lie to your customers”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I stopped I'm here cause I heard it was an organic cafe. I was talking to who I thought to be the owner. He said every single item was organic on the whole menu. He left and as I was putting my order in I asked another employee the same question. He said there was absolutely nothing organic on the menu, it was just the bread that was organic. I was surprised he lied right to my face... So I decided to cancel my order and go somewhere else. Hope this doesn't happen everyday!!

WildFlour_Management, Manager at Wild Flour- Banff's Artisan Bakery Cafe, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear valued customer,

We're very sorry that you had a disappointing experience with our cafe. The owner of the cafe was most definitely not the person you were talking to, however that doesn't excuse a staff member from giving you misinformation regarding our menu items. We train our employees to know our ingredients we use, and although many of the ingredients ARE, we have never guaranteed that all items are 100% organic.

Since we value your visits to the cafe, we would love to offer you a complimentary loaf of our bread made with organic flour, and some of our other treats on the menu (although, none of our treats are made with fully organic ingredients). Please contact ahubley@arctosbanff.ca if you are interested in this offer, as we do hope we can find something to please you.

Thank you for filling out your review, and we look forward to hearing from you,

Wild Flour management
Edmonton, Canada
“Super Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This place gets crazy busy ... but has the best food and they are very environmentally responsible. The granola is great ... and the soup and the sandwiches and drinks .... everything ... I guess.

Visited October 2013