“Favorite place for breakfast in Banff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wild Flour- Banff's Artisan Bakery Cafe

Wild Flour- Banff's Artisan Bakery Cafe
102, 211 Bear Street | In the Bison Courtyard, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta, Canada (Formerly Wild Flour)
+1 403-760-5074
Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 132 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Cafe, Sandwiches, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Description: Here artisan bread is hand-crafted the traditional way with long fermentation periods, careful hand shaping and small batch baking. When the sun is rising behind the mountain tops, our organic loaves are just coming out of the oven, along with freshly baked pastries and other tasty treats. All of our offerings are made with locally-sourced and all-natural ingredients.Whether for breakfast, lunch, or the in-between snack, everyone can find something to fuel their day in Banff at Wild Flour! Vegan, Vegetarian, gluten-free and raw options are always available.Our Specialty coffees are organic, fair-trade and served in a ceramic mug that invites you to stay in the warm bakery atmosphere. If you are keen to get out and explore the national park, know that our take-out packaging is made from biodegradable, compostable, and recycled materials.In the evening, you may well find a unique community event hosted at Wild Flour. We regularly feature local and visiting musicians, poetry readings, conversation cafes, and even custom calzone nights in the outdoor wood-fired oven.Twitter & Instagram: WildFlourBanff
“Favorite place for breakfast in Banff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Good cappucino and baked goods in the morning make for a great start everytime. My son loves their breakfast sandwiches and wifi is a plus. Love this atmosphere.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Love2Eatz

Edmonton, Canada
“ahhhh... how i love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

...excellent coffee, amazing baked goods, and great ambiance to relax after a busy day... its a gem not to be missed in banff...

Visited December 2012
1 Thank acminkus
Airdrie, Canada
“To die for coffee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Wild Flour might just offer the best cup of coffee you've ever tasted. I'm a coffee lover, and am quite picky about where I get my fix. Wild Flour on Bison Street offered the most delicious vanilla latte I've ever had! If nothing else, go for the coffee.

The cafe also serves food and includes a range of gluten free, raw and vegan options on the menu. I had the breakfast sandwich - it was tasty, filling and not greasy, a nice change. The lines can be a bit long and seating is limited so be prepared for a bit of a wait. It is definitely worth it.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
1 Thank nielsensmith
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Pick me up”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I was feeling a little rough when we visited this place, but within a few sips of their delicious mushroom, coconut and lime soup I was feeling a whole lot better. The staff work at an incredible rate, while my wife and I were here they had lines of customers which kept ticking over just so. The range of food on offer was exciting, soups, cakes, and snacks all healthy options and so tasty. Good value pick me ups

1 Thank Gareth W
Mission, Canada
“If you want to spend big bucks for a mediocre experience.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We had stayed the night in Revelstoke and decided to wait get to Banff for a real coffee (Not Tim Hortons). We googled and searched and found a cute little place that looked amazing and were so excited! Wild Flour is beautiful and was very busy- looked like locals and visitors alike. We waited in line and decided on Americanos and their famous "breakfast sandwich". We waited a while and eventually I got my coffee and sandwich- although both edible, the coffee was only warm and the sandwich soggy and tasteless. I told my barista (after standing and trying to get her attention for a few minutes) that my coffee was not hot enough and all she could say was "we don't have a microwave" and did not offer to make me a new beverage.

My friend tasted my sandwich after she saw my disappointed look after my first bite- she said it needed salt, so after adding some it was a bit better but still far from being worth the 11 dollars I paid after adding the bacon and tomato. Not great value at all for what I had before me. The sandwich has great potential however did not live up to what I had read in other reviews and had expected.

My friend had the yogurt and granola, she was happy with her choice but stated that it was "yogurt and granola- nothing that she could not make at home."

I might go here again only if I cannot find anywhere else in Banff that has an Americano and a breakfast related food item.

• Visited September 2012